Re: What is the best gun?

by faym3

Original Post

Accepted Solution

What is the best gun?

★★★★★ Novice

Lets say ... Assault kit? Please don't say its your opinion. I'm thinking stats wise and damage vs. accuracy vs. well roundedness.

Message 1 of 4 (1,013 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

★ Guide

Hey Jamezkirkland,

I think it's hard to say which weapon is better as it all comes down to the player himself, even with a sniper that has 99% accuracy if the player simply isen't reacting fast enough you won't hit.

When comparing the weapon stats without any human touch I'd say the AK74-M is the best backed up by Symthic here:

http://symthic.com/charts.php

They've done theory crafting of all weapons in the game.

As DICE will not be releasing the weapon stats publically this is only theoretically speaking.

Though even if you don't want it I find the AUG A3 my favorite weapon Standard smile

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,054 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

★ Guide

Hey Jamezkirkland,

I think it's hard to say which weapon is better as it all comes down to the player himself, even with a sniper that has 99% accuracy if the player simply isen't reacting fast enough you won't hit.

When comparing the weapon stats without any human touch I'd say the AK74-M is the best backed up by Symthic here:

http://symthic.com/charts.php

They've done theory crafting of all weapons in the game.

As DICE will not be releasing the weapon stats publically this is only theoretically speaking.

Though even if you don't want it I find the AUG A3 my favorite weapon Standard smile

Message 2 of 4 (1,055 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It really does depend on the map / game mode / the composition of your squad / etc.

I think some guns aren't as good as others, but in the right hands, any gun can be as effective as any other. 

You weren't asking for opinions, but I do think this is an opinion question as well, so I will cast my vote for the AEK-971. 900 rounds per minute, decent range (though not as good as other ARs) and lower stopping power but it makes up for these shortcomings w/ its ridiculous rate of fire. For CQB, it's the best assault rifle by far IMO.

Message 3 of 4 (1,001 Views)

★★★ Novice

I honestly feel it's your play style that dictates the best gun, honestly. Any gun in the right hands can be potent.

If you're a close quarters guy that absolutely loves running into the fray of battle, you might try the various shotguns and SMGs to see which feels best. The recoil of some might adapt to your aiming and shooting style better than others.

For more flexibility, you can go with an Assault Rifle to allow for versatility at medium range. I know when I discovered the P90, my game changed completely.

If you have more fun holding the trigger and laying down suppressive fire, or find yourself wanting to go prone and guard a hallway, you'll probably want to look at the LMGs. When you can lay on the trigger and effectively neutralize an entry point you're playing a very valuable role for your squad and your team.

Sniper rifles are of course for long range combat. They're great for providing covering fire and counter-sniping. Standard smile

Ultimately the "best gun" is going to be what you have the most fun with and are the most comfortable with. Mess around and find what feels right. ^.^

Message 4 of 4 (979 Views)