Re: Unable to send Friend Requests in Battlelog

by cjsingh2000

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to send Friend Requests in Battlelog

★★★ Novice

I've been trying to add a friend of mine on Battelog, and it seems like the site's not accepting the request. If I refresh the page, the button simply returns to "Add Friend" as though I never sent the request. Any idea what might cause this?

Message 1 of 6 (6,787 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team

This is a known issue with the Battlelog team "ESN". The cause of this issue is that you have sent too many friend requests out, and those friend requests are still in a pending queue with that intended friend. You will have to get individuals to respond to the earlier requests you sent, either get them to deny or accept - which will then give you that request back.

Currently there is no information to provide as to when they will fix this, the only immediate work around is to make sure people respond to your requests rather then letting them stand open.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (6,891 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

This is a known issue with the Battlelog team "ESN". The cause of this issue is that you have sent too many friend requests out, and those friend requests are still in a pending queue with that intended friend. You will have to get individuals to respond to the earlier requests you sent, either get them to deny or accept - which will then give you that request back.

Currently there is no information to provide as to when they will fix this, the only immediate work around is to make sure people respond to your requests rather then letting them stand open.

Message 2 of 6 (6,892 Views)

EA Staff

Thanks T0Tal!

Great answer. 

That is accurate. There is actually a cap of open invites you can have. If you have 20 open invites and the invitees have not responded, you will be unable to invite more friends until those invites are rejected or accepted. 

As T0TAL mentioned, you will need to try to contact those users you have previously invited to accept/decline the invite to add more, at this time.

Message 3 of 6 (6,756 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

If you do not have many friend requests then it could be a browser issue, you can clear your browser's cache or use any other browser.

it should fix your issue.

Link to clear browser's cache for all browsers:

http://java.com/en/download/help/webcache.xml

Message 4 of 6 (6,736 Views)

★ Novice

unfriend on origin client and add again battle log works now for me 

Message 5 of 6 (1,182 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with Battlefield 3 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic
Message 6 of 6 (1,031 Views)