Split tunneling VPN for BF3 for servers that don't allow VPN connections?

by NekoFuta

Original Post

Split tunneling VPN for BF3 for servers that don't allow VPN connections?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Most VPNs allow you to "split tunnel" some applications so that they (bypass) don't use the VPN. Adding the BF3.exe is not enough apparently though, as after a minute or so of being able to play I always get kicked with a PunkBuster error saying that it can't connect to the "B" service. I've tried adding the all the punkbuster related applications to not go through the VPN, but the error is always there and doesn't change Frown

Error
Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'NekoFuta' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrB.exe initialization failed

I end up not playing on some servers that I like because I often have to have a VPN on, which is a shame.. but maybe someone here has found a workable solution?

Spoiler
🙏

Message 1 of 4 (765 Views)

Re: Split tunneling VPN for BF3 for servers that don't allow VPN connections?

@NekoFuta You addressed bf3.exe but did you do the same for punkbuster's executable? If you can't find a solution you can always not use a VPN.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 2 of 4 (640 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same issue, I tried to bypass everything possible but it won't work :/

Message 3 of 4 (437 Views)

★ Novice

Idk if there is a way to see the IP addresses of the servers to bypass them as well?

Message 4 of 4 (433 Views)