Security Question

★★★ Newbie

Hi forgot my Security Question, What do i do? Frown

Message 1 of 3 (770 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Security Question

Hero (Retired)

Hello

If you want to change your password/security question.
Go to www.origin.com and Login. Go to My Account=>Security=>Account Security and Edit. If you do not remember your secret answer. You can contact EA support:

)Go to http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/ .2)  Select a game or product and select your platforms (Mac or PC). 3)Select a Topic and follow instructions. Also, I advise you prepare all information about your Account.   Other methods to contact EA support.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (819 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hello

If you want to change your password/security question.
Go to www.origin.com and Login. Go to My Account=>Security=>Account Security and Edit. If you do not remember your secret answer. You can contact EA support:

)Go to http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/ .2)  Select a game or product and select your platforms (Mac or PC). 3)Select a Topic and follow instructions. Also, I advise you prepare all information about your Account.   Other methods to contact EA support.

Message 2 of 3 (820 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I received an email saying someone logged into my account last night, and I should change my password.

Now when I try to change my details, I first need to answer a security question. I never set this, as I would have recorded it (I found it's impossible to remember details of my hundreds of personal accounts). I can only surmise someone added this.

I'm shocked by the 'help' system. What I've tried so far:

1. I can login WITH my password, but am not allowed to change the security question, without first answering it. I don't follow the logic. This has been pointed out by others as well (see 3.)

2. Clicking on 'contact us', then logging in and setting region, then again clicking 'contact us' sends you back to the same page. Again don't follow the sense. Clicking on any of the buttons - like forgot password, account security etc, simply opens the account settings page. Where is the contacting part?

3. I eventually found a link on the EA user forum, pointing to an EA page supposedly on 'How to contact an EA Advisor'. Great, that's what I need and is recommended by support in this case. Guess what - it takes you straight back to 'contact us'! The bottom line is that as far as I can see 'contact us' does in no way allow me to contact you. It's very frustrating.

4. There is a 'my cases' link - without any obvious means to add a new case.

5. 'I think my account has been hacked' - I found this again eventually - don't ask me how as I can't remember all the searches / pages gone through. When clicking 'I can still access my account', it suggests: reset your EA Account password, reset your security question and add additional security. Of course you can't do ANY of these without first entering the answer on the security question.

6. I noticed one user posted some comments with a number of exclamation marks, and next got a response of being very negative. Let me try to be positive. I love the fact there are so many potential help pages, that could potentially give the right information. Also great to see so much community engagement, allowing users to get help from other users. Love the games as well! Also great that you provide so much security - following suit (or setting the trend) to many other software publishers, every single one with their own game launcher, online account, online support forum, 2 level security and so on.

Cheers!

Joost.

Message 3 of 3 (567 Views)