Its no personal, its just BUSINESS!!

by oOGreyOrphanOo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Rent-a-server = SCAM!!

★★★★ Novice
Ive payed up to rent a server for 30 days, thought it could be useful as Im in a gaming-clan. The very first days; no activity. But after about 3-4 days ppl actually started to join via Quickmatch, and after about 5 days it was usually crowded thru all day, until now. All dead for the last 3 days. I called EA Support (Sweden) to ask what the problem might could be, that was a scam itself. The guy the other side of the teleline had no answers whatsoever. I asked about 6-7 questions, when he told me he had to go to another room and ask an "expert", twice!! However, when he finally returned to the phone he didn't had ANY answerso give. He asked me to turn to DICE and maybe they could help out. It was no extraordinary questions tho, just like how the fill the server-system works, and when ppl get into where regarding the timezones. Anyway.. Don't spend your cash on something you really can get included your game. I did it because Im using it with my fellas from gaming-community/clan. However.. Im not that sure anymore to continue pay for this rent-a-server business..

But I guess the responsible for this scam really don't care. They still make their money, and ppl still gonna pay their and continue to..
Message 1 of 11 (578 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Rent-a-server = SCAM!!

★★★★ Novice

Well for me its a little different. My friends and myself will be in a full blown battle and we all get kicked in the middle of the game. Every one in the room.Happens around mid day all the time. Some times a couple times a day. "IS THIS NORMALE" ? I wish the service where more reliable. Its a very cool feature and i wish it worked better. I would give my money up constantly to keep a server. I got a 90 day server and its been a bit diapointing. Between the Rent a server going compleatly down last month for over 24 hours, and  constantly getting kick out of my own server. Im a huge Battlefield 3 fan thats Disapointed. If its just me haveing problems Please Let Me Know. And if im Not alone Let me know too. I just want to know if its just me and a couple other isolated incidents or if the whole system is crap.

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (595 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
I wouldn't be surprised to find a shortcut: "Fill-your-server shortcut" = 1200 MSP, on Marketplace or in the in-game store.. You're talkin about that its necessary to be advertising if I want random players and activity on the server. Wouldn't that be included when I already have been paying for it? To me its just BUSINESS!! The legal owners found even another way to make money on the cost of others. However, I really don't care anymore. I just feel to have been ripped of by yet another billion dollar industry, and I can promise: Im not the only one.. XBL GT: OopsGreyOrphanOo

View in thread

Message 7 of 11 (534 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It helps to have 4-5 friends start up your server with you. Quick Match won't place players in entirely empty servers, but if it detects a server with 6 people playing that need more, it starts dumping them in. Works for the 5th SFG servers, everytime.

However, if you don't have at least 4 or more people to start your server with you, then renting a server may have not been a wise purchase.
 Owning a server is for players who want to strongly involve themselves in the community, not just control the battlefield.

View in thread

Message 8 of 11 (528 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

Well for me its a little different. My friends and myself will be in a full blown battle and we all get kicked in the middle of the game. Every one in the room.Happens around mid day all the time. Some times a couple times a day. "IS THIS NORMALE" ? I wish the service where more reliable. Its a very cool feature and i wish it worked better. I would give my money up constantly to keep a server. I got a 90 day server and its been a bit diapointing. Between the Rent a server going compleatly down last month for over 24 hours, and  constantly getting kick out of my own server. Im a huge Battlefield 3 fan thats Disapointed. If its just me haveing problems Please Let Me Know. And if im Not alone Let me know too. I just want to know if its just me and a couple other isolated incidents or if the whole system is crap.

Message 2 of 11 (596 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Your server is yours to sell. There are many servers out there. You need to come up with a way to make people want to join yours. 

Message 3 of 11 (562 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

advertise it on the battle log forums in the proper sections. Also if you have the option to invite recent players.  Have good map rotations with decent ticket amounts. Also for the search funtion. Put no kick in your title. Bunch of people look for these type servers. If you put restrictions on your servers you will get less people 

Message 4 of 11 (549 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah the best way to get people to join is advertise. Find out what types of settings and map rotations the majority of players want, The more you cater your server to what the community is looking for the more popular it will become!!

Message 5 of 11 (537 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Its not a scam , it's up to you as a server owner to build some sort of community of regular players that keep returning to your server becuase of your map rotations or becuase you're a nice admin , EA provided the server , it's up to you to do the rest.

Message 6 of 11 (527 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
I wouldn't be surprised to find a shortcut: "Fill-your-server shortcut" = 1200 MSP, on Marketplace or in the in-game store.. You're talkin about that its necessary to be advertising if I want random players and activity on the server. Wouldn't that be included when I already have been paying for it? To me its just BUSINESS!! The legal owners found even another way to make money on the cost of others. However, I really don't care anymore. I just feel to have been ripped of by yet another billion dollar industry, and I can promise: Im not the only one.. XBL GT: OopsGreyOrphanOo
Message 7 of 11 (535 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It helps to have 4-5 friends start up your server with you. Quick Match won't place players in entirely empty servers, but if it detects a server with 6 people playing that need more, it starts dumping them in. Works for the 5th SFG servers, everytime.

However, if you don't have at least 4 or more people to start your server with you, then renting a server may have not been a wise purchase.
 Owning a server is for players who want to strongly involve themselves in the community, not just control the battlefield.

Message 8 of 11 (529 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Yep, I think you're right there: it wasn't very wise renting a server, in deed. But as I said in my first post, we use it for the practices within the gaming-clan. Although, you're almost right about 4-6 to start it up, it works pretty often. But u know, not many ppl want to waste their time on empty servers. Especially when its not certain if any random's gonna join.. o_O
OopsGreyOrphanOo Xbox
Message 9 of 11 (502 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
Most of the times, in fact about 15-18 days last month, I've been the only one "startin' it up", just me on the server. The very first 4-5 days it took about 10-15 min before ppl start join from Quickmatch-menu. Then, once the first 1 or 2 came, then it just took around 200 sec. till the server were full. After about a week - 10 days, 3-5 min by myself and server was full, sometimes for 12h in a row (!) This buzz lasted just for 2 weeks, then the activity started to decrease, less more less, day by day.. Then it just died. But why does EA keep pushing ppl to rent and start new servers up, when theyre not even capable to fill the already existing ones? Yes, of course: $$$ Much want more
Message 10 of 11 (498 Views)