Re: Punkbuster keeps kicking me for apparent "hacking"

by ragnarok013

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Punkbuster keeps kicking me for apparent "hacking"

★★★ Newbie

I just installed BF3 again after several years. When I used to play I didn't cheat once, and my intention is not to cheat now either. When I downloaded the game and went on battlelog to join a game, it immediately told me: "Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'Wundzy' (for 5 minutes) ... Violation (MULTIHACK) #71402".

What could this be? And how could I fix it? Also, I did notice that on Origin it said "Last played August 2 2018", even though I haven't even logged onto Origin since atleast 2015, could I have been hacked and banned for cheating?

Message 1 of 3 (660 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Wundzy wrote:

I just installed BF3 again after several years. When I used to play I didn't cheat once, and my intention is not to cheat now either. When I downloaded the game and went on battlelog to join a game, it immediately told me: "Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'Wundzy' (for 5 minutes) ... Violation (MULTIHACK) #71402".

What could this be? And how could I fix it? Also, I did notice that on Origin it said "Last played August 2 2018", even though I haven't even logged onto Origin since atleast 2015, could I have been hacked and banned for cheating?

If you were banned by Punkbuster or GGC-Stream please know that EA Support cannot assist with unbanning your account and that you will have to appeal your ban with Evenbalance. Learn more about disputing a ban with PunkBuster or GGC-Stream.

https://help.ea.com/article/punkbuster-bans-and-violations

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (641 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Unfortunately i have no clue how to fix this. But i can tell you ive handed TWO global ID bans during the last week.

And i have never ever cheated in this game. Not even a second.

Its extremely frustrating. Ive created a ticket about this but havent got an response jet.

Message 2 of 3 (647 Views)

@Wundzy wrote:

If you were banned by Punkbuster or GGC-Stream please know that EA Support cannot assist with unbanning your account and that you will have to appeal your ban with Evenbalance. Learn more about disputing a ban with PunkBuster or GGC-Stream.

https://help.ea.com/article/punkbuster-bans-and-violations

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 3 of 3 (642 Views)