Re: Ps3 YLOD

by rajanmax

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Ps3 YLOD

★★★ Newbie
My Ps3 died 1/10/12 (yellow light of death) whilst I was playing BF3. As I can't get the disc out I appreciate I will have to buy a new game but will I have to purchase the dlc again. As I got bf3 the first day it launched I have lost my one time pass, I'm thinking if I would need to buy a new ps3 (£180) which is nobody's fault, but the thought of buying a new disc aswell as dlc again is very off putting. The maths are £39.99 (1st disc) + £35 (new disc) + £39.99 x 2 (full dlc package). Totally confused.
Message 1 of 4 (269 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

You will not have to buy her DLC again, when you fix your PS3 or get a new PS3 log in with your PSN account then go the the PSN Store then to the download history section and simply re-download all of your DLC that you've already purchased.  This will not cost your any money.

Regarding the YLOD, that is suppossed to be a hard drive error\crash correct?  As long as the console has power you should be able to hit eject and remove the disc.  If you cannot be sure to tell Sony that there is a disc that you cannot remove from the console when you send it to them and they should be able to remove it and send it back to you with the repaired PS3.

If the disc is not retrievable or is damaged you can purchase a used copy of BF3 since your account already has a valid BF3 onine pass, this should only cost you a few Pounds compared to a brand new disc.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (272 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

You will not have to buy her DLC again, when you fix your PS3 or get a new PS3 log in with your PSN account then go the the PSN Store then to the download history section and simply re-download all of your DLC that you've already purchased.  This will not cost your any money.

Regarding the YLOD, that is suppossed to be a hard drive error\crash correct?  As long as the console has power you should be able to hit eject and remove the disc.  If you cannot be sure to tell Sony that there is a disc that you cannot remove from the console when you send it to them and they should be able to remove it and send it back to you with the repaired PS3.

If the disc is not retrievable or is damaged you can purchase a used copy of BF3 since your account already has a valid BF3 onine pass, this should only cost you a few Pounds compared to a brand new disc.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 2 of 4 (273 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thanks for the answer, it makes sense. Appreciated loads.
Message 3 of 4 (261 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You need ps3 repair guide that help to fix ylod problems instantly. Visit here

Message 4 of 4 (245 Views)