Premium Edition content not working.

by haskell1080

Original Post

Premium Edition content not working.

★★★ Newbie

I bought the game today and I currently can not access the new content. I entered my Content code at the XBL Market place as directed by the  instructions that came with the game. When I try to join a game I get a message stating "The server is now running content that you don't have, look in the store for additional content or make sure that all your content is installed". But when I go to the  in game store it says it will charge me. Please help! Thanks.

Message 1 of 12 (10,239 Views)

Re: Premium Edition content not working.

★★★ Newbie

I too am having this issue, I purchased the premium content finally and now it keeps trying to charge me for the close quarters expansion but it allowed me to download the armored kill expansion... WTF is up with this?

Message 2 of 12 (10,182 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

If you're a Battlefield 3 Premium player on XBOX 360 you do not need to download anything to access Close Quarters. The content was included in the Multiplayer Patch #3, which was a forced download / patch for the game on June 5th, 2012.

No additional download is needed, and the content cannot be downloaded through the in-game store. Battlefield 3 Premium players can access this content via the regular map and server browser located in-game.

Source :- https://help.ea.com/article/accessing-battlefield-3-close-quarters-on-xbox-360

Similar thread with same solution :- http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-3/BF3-Premium-Edition-Addon-CQ-is-not-activated-XBOX-360/m-p/33...

If already done , then i think you should better contact EA Customer Care ASAP .. they may have information on that particular issue 

Message 3 of 12 (10,178 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am having the same problem but on ps3 plz dice or ea fix this now!!

Message 4 of 12 (10,161 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hello I already solved the problem on ps3 ;D

I think on xbox u need to go to the xbox store and choose "battlefield 3 Premium Edition" and then you should be able to encounter "Battlefield Premium" click on it and u should be able to activate your premium account BYE

Message 5 of 12 (10,157 Views)

After you enter your premium code you probably still have to download the B2K and AK expansions via the ingame store under the premium tab.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 6 of 12 (10,149 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi. I am having the same issue with PS3. DO you mind posting how you resolved it?

Message 7 of 12 (9,579 Views)

@highwayhoon wrote:

Hi. I am having the same issue with PS3. DO you mind posting how you resolved it?

Here is the Premium steps for PS3 Highwayhoon: after you purchase Premium make sure that you restart BF3 and you will receive a pop up stating you are now premium and you will have a Premium background.  Once BF3 is restarted download the DLC expansions covered by Premium via the Premium tab of the BF3 in game store (PS3 Premium can also download the expansions for free in the PSN Store - Xbox must download the expansions via the in game store or they will be charged for the expansions) then close and restart BF3.  After the expansions download go to the games portion of the XMB and click on each expansion's bubble to install the game.  After each expansion has been fulle downloaded and isntalled restart BF3.  At this point you will receive a series of pop ups stating that you now have each expansion.  Now from the main menu go to multiplayer, open server browser and then open the server browser filter and check all new maps and game modes or you won't find any games on the new expansions. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 8 of 12 (9,571 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thanks i think that wiil work    Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 9 of 12 (9,547 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hey , i downloaded the premium pack and then went in game it didnt give a tab called "premium". As you told to reinstall the game I did but before downloading the content(expansions) and still didn't get it . I have another problem too that I click on sign in through mutliplayer it states that "failed to connect to psn" . I tried a number of ways to solve these issues and still not with a good output. Is the sign problem occuring because i dont have any friends ( I'm new). Can you please help me . Thanks for your help :D

Message 10 of 12 (7,483 Views)