Re: Possible glitch with battlefield 3 ps3 rock and hard place mission getting stinger missile

by jay4000

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Possible glitch with battlefield 3 ps3 rock and hard place mission getting stinger missile

★★★ Newbie

I am playing battlefield 3 for ps3 and keep getting stuck trying to retrieve the stinger missile near the end of the rock and a hard place mission.  when I am told to get the stinger missile from the growler I see the blue sign saying stinger missile but when I go around the burned out vehicle there is nothing on the ground. When I back up the word stinger shows on the ground but there is nothing there. I've looked on walkthrough sites and they show a stinger missile lying on the ground. Did something happen during the ridiculously long original game load or am I doing something wrong. thanks for any help.

bob

Message 1 of 7 (7,603 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Possible glitch with battlefield 3 ps3 rock and hard place mission getting stinger missile

★★★★ Novice
If you go to game data utility in the xmb, delete the battlefield 3 data (NOT your save game data), start the game, press circlewhen prompted for the update, load campain, select previous mission, select rock and a hard place, the stinger will be there.

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (7,562 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Same issue.  No visible stinger.

Message 2 of 7 (7,594 Views)

★ Novice

As far as we know,the patch update released before DLC Aftermath,,for some reason introduced this Glitch/Bug into the campaign,people have told EA the problem over twitter and EA said that they would look into it

Message 3 of 7 (7,561 Views)

★★★★ Novice
If you go to game data utility in the xmb, delete the battlefield 3 data (NOT your save game data), start the game, press circlewhen prompted for the update, load campain, select previous mission, select rock and a hard place, the stinger will be there.
Message 4 of 7 (7,563 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Did that and it didnt work for me, shouldnt have to delete the game data to fix the problem just make and update and fix the issue!!!!! This is a discrace
Message 5 of 7 (6,411 Views)

Community Manager

Heya everyone,

For those of you on PS3, please have a look at the latest workaround over here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-3/PS3-Xbox-360-Stinger-missing-in-Campaign-Rock-and-a-Hard-Plac...

Thanks,

Nils

Message 6 of 7 (6,249 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i do that  erasing game data ( the update)  but all i can have after load the game on the mission is a black screen and i must too reboot the ps3 then i update again and the mission loads , but again with the imposible pass error of no visible stinger  in any place!!! i just bought the game on ps3 and thats a shame i cant pass the campaing nothing of nothing when they gonna resolve it !!!! im gonna return this buggy game 

Message 7 of 7 (6,109 Views)