Re: Plugin free launching August 2020

by ragnarok013

Original Post

Plugin free launching August 2020

There have been recent changes to Internet Explorer which have affected our normal instructions on how to launch Battlefield 3 via Battlelog using the Battlelog plugin.  After August 2020 if you receive an error please try these steps:

1. Make sure that Origin is already open

2. If you are using Firefox and you receive a popup stating that the Battlelog plugin is not supported when you click on the server and press join turn the plugin to "off" in the popup and then click join on the Battlelog page again and the game will launch. This may also work for other browses such as Chrome or Opera.

or

When using Internet Explorer if you receive the error in the screenshot below use the following steps:

IE Error.jpg

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/internet-explorer-mode-in-microsoft-edge-6604162f-e38a-48...

Internet Explorer mode in Microsoft Edge

Some sites are built to work with Internet Explorer and have functionality that isn't supported by modern browsers such as Microsoft Edge. If you need to view one of these sites, you can use Internet Explorer Mode in Microsoft Edge. 

Most sites work better on modern browsers. For better speed and security, we recommend only using Internet Explorer mode when necessary. For more information, see Learn More about Microsoft Edge

To turn on Internet Explorer mode, use the following steps. 

1. In the address bar for Microsoft Edge, type edge://settings/defaultbrowser and then click Enter.

2. Slide the Allow sites to be reloaded in Internet Explorer toggle to ON.

3. Restart Microsoft Edge.

You can enable Internet Explorer mode to view certain websites in Microsoft Edge.

Internet Explorer mode is now enabled. To view a website using Internet Explorer mode in Microsoft Edge, use the following steps.

1. Navigate to the website you want to view in Internet Explorer mode.

2. Click the three dots in the upper right corner of the browser window.

3. Select More Tools > Reload in Internet Explorer Mode.

To return to browsing without Internet Explorer mode, you can click Leave on the information bar at the top of the screen, or close your current tab and open a new tab in Microsoft Edge. 

When you click on the server and press join you will receive a popup stating that the Battlelog plugin is not supported. Turn the plugin to "off" in the popup and then click join on the Battlelog page again and the game will launch.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 1 of 12 (22,718 Views)

★★★★ Novice

dont work

Message 2 of 12 (21,665 Views)

★★ Guide

Hi, sorry, I am lost. I don't know where to get this info, In BF3, whenever i unlock something for a gun, for instance a scope, that scope can't be used in all the classes where I have that weapon, just in the class where it was unlocked, can it be? or I have something wrong in the settings of the game or server ?? I'll appreciate any help, if it is like this, I gonna give bf3 Frown Thanks

Message 3 of 12 (21,588 Views)

★ Novice

This didn't work for me.

Message 4 of 12 (21,536 Views)
Highlighted

@94DarkDemon94 wrote:

This didn't work for me.

There have been some changes since August with the introduction of Steam where the game now is able to be launched in Firefox and potentially other browsers such as Chrome. Which one are you using?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Message 5 of 12 (21,416 Views)

★★ Guide

hi, i use Chrome, for me the best, never issues. good luck Standard smile

Message 6 of 12 (21,404 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

that fix is no longer applicable(if it ever worked) TRY THIS:

I found that my issue had to do with A) popup blocker and B) a required firewall exception

1) Use mozilla firefox, if you don't have it, get it

2) type 'Internet options' in Cortana search bar and open it,--click 'Privacy' & add the Battlelog url  '  https://battlelog.battlefield.com ' to the pop-up blocker exceptions , also add it to your Firefox 

pop-up blocker exceptions

3) Add the 'BF3WebHelper.exe" (programfilesx86\OriginGames\Battlefield3 folder) to your 'Allow an app through Firewall'  in Window Network settings

4) Open your desktop Origin app-sign in  

5)  Open 'battlelog.battlefield.com' in Firefox. sign in and launch the game from Firefox

Game will open in an external window so look at your task bar and if you see the soldier, click him to open the game window

-had to fix url-reason for the edit

Message 7 of 12 (21,100 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I tried with IE 11, Edge and Firefox. Everytime I try to start the game I get this message in a popup:

"You need to install or patch the game before playing"

With a little popup in the background that an update is available. But I can't click on update in this popup since I disapears once I close the first popup. Origin says BF3 is up to date.

The Battlelog was a terrible idea from the start and now it shows why.

Message 8 of 12 (17,904 Views)

@bombspy wrote:

I tried with IE 11, Edge and Firefox. Everytime I try to start the game I get this message in a popup:

"You need to install or patch the game before playing"

With a little popup in the background that an update is available. But I can't click on update in this popup since I disapears once I close the first popup. Origin says BF3 is up to date.

The Battlelog was a terrible idea from the start and now it shows why.

@bombspy When this happens do you have Origin running already? Also are you playing via Steam or Origin?

Message 9 of 12 (17,879 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Not working. I can't change "Use plugin-free game launching" to false in any browser - after saving this change and a page refresh it comes back to True... Any ideas? I tried Chrome, Firefox and Edge with IE mode enabled...

Message 10 of 12 (17,092 Views)