PS3 update 1.07 install error #80010038

by necktiecartel

Original Post

Re: PS3 update 1.07 install error #80010038

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hey guys i solve the update problem to BF3 update 1.07 for PS3.. Many players couldn't update BF3, due in the middle of the download, shows a error mesenge (error 80710723) and the download fails. There's a way to update the game by PC, called Proxy Server, you'll download the update on PC than transfer to PS3, it's simple.

I know that many of you just gave up of the game because of this, but here's the sollution! Do the PS3 downloads and updates faster and 100% working! check out this website

http://battlefieldbrazil.wordpress.com/2012/11/28/update-atualizacao-1-07-battlefield-3-ps3-2711-041... [battlefieldbrazil.wordpress.com]

http://battlefieldbrazil.wordpress.com/2012/01/07/como-fazer-downloads-do-ps3-atraves-do-pc/ [battlefieldbrazil.wordpress.com]

I just use the proxy server! Besides, the site it's in portuguese, but they have a translator on the right side of the website!

Message 11 of 15 (1,872 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just wondering if anyone who was having trouble tried nzkfelix's solution or if they found a different solution? I'm having the exact same problem and can't find any answers online? Some feedback would be hugely appreciated!

Message 12 of 15 (1,630 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried nzkfelix fix, with a proxy server and such but it still did not work for me, but it was 100% because I had corrupted files on my PS3. Take a look at the steps I went through to fix the same issue all of you are having. 

I went through a lot of trouble trying to figure out what was wrong with my PS3. Contacted EA, and even Sony. Kind of sent me in circles. Few steps that they gave me: 

1) Delete Game Data Utility for BF3.

2) Run safe mode on PS3, link below:

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1488/kw/safe%20mode

3) Make sure that no game disc in in your PS3 before running safe mode.

4) In safe mode run option #3 - 'Restore File System'. This checks for corrupted data.

In my case doing this did not work. So i continued onto the next step which did end up working, but a little more drastic.

Reformatting your PS3

This was actually a lot less painful then I expected.

1) Get a large USB/External Hard Drive that is formatted in FAT32.

2) Back up your system. Settings > System Settings > Backup Utility > Backup. This creates files/folders on your USB/External automatically. This also saves all of your Saved Game Data. 

3) Disconnect USB/External.

4) Once PS3 is backed up. Settings > System Settings > Restore PS3 System.  ***THIS WILL ERASE EVERYTHING ON YOUR PS3 AND MAKE IT AS IF YOU JUST PULLED IT OUT OF THE BOX AND PLUGGED IT IN. *** Make sure your backed up.

5) Let it run its process, took mine 9 hours so I just ran it during the night. 

Restoring your PS3

1) When you are asked to make a new PlayStation user account and PSN account it needs to be exactly as it was before reformatting. Not having the same account information will result in your Saved Game Data not being brought over and all of your progress in all of your games will not be imported.

2)  Plug your USB back in, Settings > System Settings >  Backup Utility > Restore. Find your old restore file from USB and let it run.

After my reformatting and putting my backup back on, the patch update for BF3 was fixed, and my PS3 is running better as well. I for sure had some corrupt files on my HDD that the safe mode procedure could not fix. The backup utility did not bring over the corrupted data on the restore. 

To whoever still has this problem, good luck and hopefully my solution works for you as well. 

Message 13 of 15 (1,560 Views)

PS3 / BF4 install error #80010038

★★★★★ Newbie

During the games of multiplayer i have some issues about freezing since i bought a electronic version on PSN Store (this problem was a fatality for me, time loose and effort in games that not finished well :manfrustratedStandard smile

I did a break since January and in this month April started again. "Surprise" : 
1- Sony update
2 - BF4 update
(i think they solved the bugs :manvery-happyStandard smile

But not, I play one night and later:

1- more frezzing

2- corrup the file system

3- frezze in the PS3 load screen

4- finally the system BD its wrong restart it

5- format PS3 system to the fabric and lost all user data. :manmad:

Now, with my fresh PS3 system: 

1- create a new user for SO

2- asociate my PSN account to that user

3- PSN Store and download a new copy of BF4 (10Gb) (My ISP give me 1.5 mb, calculate the time this action take :mansadStandard smile

4- The dowlload finished after 2 days and proceed to install

5- FAIL an error ocurred - PS3 system wasn't able to load the game or game data - 

6- generated a corrupt file

Test actions: 

Install BF3 for a disk, and going well.  (better than last year)

Install a demo from PSN Store and going well

Spoiler
Spoiler
what should I do?
Spoiler
PD: excuse my english. its no my local language 
Message 14 of 15 (1,013 Views)

Re: PS3 update 1.09 install is taking more than 5570 min left

★★★ Newbie

Hey,

I have a problem with upating my BF3 for ps3 which usually would take 45 to 30 min to update my BF3 but I searched up on youtube on how to fix the problem with why it says it is going to take 5570 min to update BF3 and many people have the same problem with updating this 1.09 update so I really don't know why this is happening but can anyone help me with this problem? I actually have the 320GB PS3. I would appreciate the help. 

Message 15 of 15 (968 Views)