Re: Origin update error

by EA_Dennis

Original Post

Origin update error

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello at all,

everytime I try to start origin I get the error message, that the actualization failed and that I need to download the latest version (it IS the latest version). I reinstalled in many times and cleaned the registry. Anyone knows a solution? Dont want to reinstall windows...

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/5756/q7e5.jpg

Message 1 of 7 (1,175 Views)

Re: Origin actualization error

Community Manager

Try uninstalling and then deleting the Origin application folder. If possible, use an older installer file, install Origin and then update it to the latest version again.

Hope that helps.

Message 2 of 7 (1,149 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I could make a step forward...(but still same error)

1. I deleted everything in my origin installation folder

2. Downloaded Origin 8.5.0

3. Unzipped it in the origin folder

4. Run the .exe as administrator

It asked me to update on 9.3.2 (latest version), I choosed "stay offline". Origin started normal, without an error message, but I wasn't able to log in (it told me that I have to be online if I want to log in for the first time).

Restarted it as administrator, choosed "update to 9.3.2" and after downloading and installing the latest version same update error message as before...

Message 3 of 7 (1,139 Views)

Hero

I would suggest trying this:

• Manually uninstalling Origin by following this guide: https://help.ea.com/article/manually-uninstalling-origin
  • Restart the computer
  • Download Origin from Origin.com
  • Install Origin as administrator
  • Go into the Origin application settings and participate in the beta so you get the newest version of Origin (9.3.5.4620 currently)
  • Let Origin update
  • Restart the computer again for good measure

Hope that works Standard smile

carbonic signature

Message 4 of 7 (1,122 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Tried it, did not work...

at the end of installation it starts downloading an update of ~ 52mb...after that the console flashs up for a millisecond and the error message appears.

Btw. is the newest java version requiered to run origin correctly?

Message 5 of 7 (1,099 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Is reinstalling windows really the last solution? I really dont want to...

Edit: I installed bf2 from cd a couple of weeks ago (origin hadn't been used since that). Dont know if it make problems...

Message 6 of 7 (1,087 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

There should be no need to reinstall Windows. The error message as shown above in your screenshot usually pops up if the installer wasn't able to create or update all necessary files. Please make sure that you always run Origin or the installer with admin priviledges, to do so right-click the setup file and select Run as administrator.

Please uninstall Origin completely and clean up the installation folder afterwards so that no files are left. Then go to http://www.origin.com/download and download the latest version. Install Origin and try again.

Edit: I just realized that this was already mentioned by carbonic above. Are you using any kind of security software with very strict rules that might impact the installation process? Please do a Cleanboot or safe mode with network access and try the installation again.

Message 7 of 7 (1,058 Views)