Origin keeps saying there is a critical update and to restart

by Meatyclip

Original Post

Origin keeps saying there is a critical update and to restart

★ Novice

Origin keeps saying there is a critical update required and to restart. I do restart and it brings me back to the same message.

Message 1 of 4 (1,850 Views)

Re: Origin keeps saying there is a critical update and to restart

Hero (Retired)

hey

try reinstall origin, what is your pc specs?

Message 2 of 4 (1,825 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi all,

Since today I encounter the same problem. I use Windows XP. That worked for years. Why do I need to upgrade?

Origin is for weeks having problems. I really hate Origin and I will never ever buy anything from these developers again.

Kindly Regards,

Joop

Message 3 of 4 (1,174 Views)

@kim17021986 wrote:

Hi all,

Since today I encounter the same problem. I use Windows XP. That worked for years. Why do I need to upgrade?

Origin is for weeks having problems. I really hate Origin and I will never ever buy anything from these developers again.

Kindly Regards,

Joop

You have to update because they re-did Origin. You have two options, to play offline and continue with the version you have or update. Also XP is no longer supported by Microsoft so you might wish to consider upgrading to a newer OS for security reasons.

Regarding the problem you are experiencing it is because Windows XP is no longer supported as per the Origin Client System requirements: https://www.origin.com/en-us/download

System Requirements

250MB of available disk space
Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10
1GHz processor (Intel Pentium 4 or newer, AMD Athlon 64 or newer)
512 MB RAM

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 4 of 4 (1,159 Views)