Origin Account - Hacked - Password changed then email address changed.

by Merzzy

Original Post

Re: Origin Account hacked.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hey guys if you had any games in your previous account, just go to the live chat and tell the advisor. They will escalate your case and will give you a free product key. This happened to my account. I talked with an advisor and I got a key. They will tell the Special Team and that team will pull up your account with the games. Enjoy! Go to this link...https://help.ea.com/contact-us...then give your game info...then press live chat on the bottom.

Message 11 of 62 (16,774 Views)

Re: Origin Account - Hacked - Password changed then email address changed.

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

If you believe your account has been compromised then please contact an EA Game Advisor immediately.

Thanks,

Barry.

barry.png
Message 12 of 62 (71,556 Views)

Re: Origin Account - Hacked - Password changed then email address changed. ---RECOVERY SUCCESSFUL!!!

★★★ Newbie

To all the players that got their Origin/Ea account hacked..

First thing I had to do was create a new EA account and login.  I then followed the instructions given by ausninjaknifer's post (look below) and chose the CALL BACK option.  Within 10 minutes, I received a call from EA Advisor Matt.  I told  him that my account was hacked  and needed help with recovering it.  Matt asked me general questions like name, birthday,  email,  games that registered to the account, etc..   EA Advisor Matt found my account, helped me recover my identity, and also helped change passwords.  Thanks Matt! 

*I recommend having your BF3 or game serial number available when you talk with them.

Happy BF3 Holidays!

mrlavaman

Re: Origin Account Hacked!!!!!!!! 

Only EA customer support can help you with this problem. You should use the live chat or phone support for important problems like getting hacked. https://help.ea.com/contact-us Under product select Battlefield 3, Under Category select Account/Registration, Under Platform select the platform.
You should see at the bottom Call Me Live Chat, Email Me. Select Either Call me or live chat (whichever one is available).

Message 13 of 62 (16,640 Views)

★★★★ Novice

same boat as everyone here.... my hacker changed my account name to trolin02...how nice

Message 14 of 62 (16,629 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just got back into playing the game and now i got an email 2 days ago that my email was changed. I havent touched origin since september.

Message 15 of 62 (16,626 Views)

★★★ Newbie

exactly the same thing happened to me as null. Had not played for a few months and just got back into it, bought premium played for a few days then went away for the weekend. Came back to an email stating that I had changed my email address and could no longer login. Livechat started with a 5-10 min wait, after 5 mins the wait increased to 15-20 mins and is now at 30-35 mins Confusedmileyfrustrated:

How the f*ck is it so easy for people to completely compromise an account and change the email address!?

Message 16 of 62 (16,408 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same boat as everyone else.. Received an email this mor ing saying my email had changed, and sure enough I've been locket out.. Can still see my account on the bf3 app on my phone, names been changed to some Russian name
Message 17 of 62 (16,361 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing here. A friend notified me that my account name was changed and that he was removed from my friends list. EA needs to investigate as to why their Origin platform was compromised! I do have a case # for the chat that I had with a Product Advisor this evening, but that will probably take a long time to resolve.

Message 18 of 62 (16,345 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I was also hacked, but I was able to do a password reset thankfully. Strange thing was, my password reset mail wound up in my spam folder, and was in Russian... But I managed to get back into my account, but now my name is Walk33r on BF3, my origin avatar says Walker Team 2009, and I have no idea what my origin name will be when I post this... trying to undo the annoying damage, and hopefully my password will hold and not just get changed again... The name entered under name in the Origin is Пашкер Сидоренко

Message 19 of 62 (15,848 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My account was hacked too but fortunately I didn't click the link in the verification email I got in Russian. I went to my login in and clicked the forgot password button. Fill out the form and respond to the mail that come directly after that. Change your password and start editing you profile to what it was. It helped for me I hope for some of you too.

Message 20 of 62 (15,734 Views)