Re: Origin Account Age Change?

by Nuke_Meca

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin Account Age Change?

★ Novice

Hey, my brother recently purchased SimCity. I created an account for us both but under his age. Later on I wanted to buy a game a friend suggested to me; Battlefield 3 but unfortunately this was restricted because of the account age. If you guys could change my account age to my actual age: 01/07/1993, that would be greatly appreciated. Generally I would make a new account but I would have to repurchase SimCity. Respectively I have been saving up for Battlefield 3; re-buying SimCity would defeat the purpose. I have already sent my complaint yesterday, with unfortunately no answer. Please fix this problem as soon as possible so I may purchase the game during the sale. Thank you for your time.

Message 1 of 5 (258 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi 5isco1113,

You will have to contact an Origin Advisor via Live Chat at https://help.ea.com/contactus for further assistance in this matter. 

Due to account ownership verification and privacy concerns we are not able to alter account information via forum requests.

Thank you for your understanding and please let us know if you need further assistance.

Dennis

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (241 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

More like you changed your dob, cause your under aged, and wanted to play online.. kids your age should not be playing 17+ online games. you have your age games, so stick to that and let us adults play with out having snotty kid's playing..

Message 2 of 5 (254 Views)

★★★ Newbie

First, This guy is 21 or 22. Secound Parents permission. Three I hate this crap about this it is not illegal. Four You are totaly wrong..

Call EA or live chat in the morning right now lines are full i've been on hold for 6 hours.

Message 3 of 5 (252 Views)

★ Novice

First of all, your argument is not even valid. Several online games were initially made for children a certain age like 10+ or teen games. Others for more 'Grown-up' ages like 17+.
So technically speaking, there are online games for a wide range of ages; rescinding any argument towards whether or not 'People my age’, which you clearly and deliberately have no knowledge of, and should not be concerned about 'change your (our in this case) dob, cause your (we are) under aged' because there is, technically, speaking a game for approximately every age. I also find it offensive that you use the term 'kid' specifically because you do not even know me. Your assumption does not support your argument or intended 'diss' because all you have done is used one of the most obvious most devastating logical fallacies anybody could have noticed. You claim you are an adult. I will not interfere because I respect myself as a person. Next time, I suggest you speak like an adult or at least bring up a legitimate argument. Unless you are an EA advisor, I am not concerned of anything else you have to say. You are a tremendous example of the great arrogance that exists in this world. I would also like to end saying that such a foolish and imprudent argument clearly conveys you once were a 'snotty kid'. Specifically because of your accusation, physiologically speaking, may have been done by you in the past; causing you to think the rest of the world is as ridiculous as yourself. Resulting with the absolute predicted opinion that you still are a 'snotty kid' like what greatly predicated, may have been your past. Such vernacular language would not be used by someone with any form of dignity and self-respect.

Message 4 of 5 (247 Views)

Community Manager

Hi 5isco1113,

You will have to contact an Origin Advisor via Live Chat at https://help.ea.com/contactus for further assistance in this matter. 

Due to account ownership verification and privacy concerns we are not able to alter account information via forum requests.

Thank you for your understanding and please let us know if you need further assistance.

Dennis

Message 5 of 5 (242 Views)