My 360 gamertag was deleted but my profile remains act

by Redflintspark

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My 360 gamertag was deleted but my profile remains act

★★★ Newbie
Hi guys. My 360 has been packed away for some time now. Upon recently setting it up for my son I realized this issue. Sorry for the storyline...
-tried to sign in with profile on 360; prompted for email and password to update security info.
-forgot email/password used for account; tried everything I could think of and wound up calling Xbox to walk me through this.
-Xbox says my gamertag is not "available", but there is NO information in the system for my gamertag at all. Leading them to believe that it was deleted for inactivity.
-Xbox says wait an unknown sum of time and the gamertag will be free again for use
-I then tried to sign into my local Xbox profile and again was prompted for email etc. upon which time I began trying to reset password with any email I could think of and BOOM I nailed it! IT LET ME CHANGE THE PASSWORD and sent a verification code to my email ON FILE!
-I try to sign in again and behold... Prompted for email and password for security info update.
-Try the email and password only to get an error.... Something along the line of 80504016....
-Sign into Xbox live on computer using same email and password... Xbox issues a new gamertag at "0 point blank"!
-I close account, and call Xbox.
-Xbox says seems it was deleted and "likely" re-accessed during the waiting period, and now that it's up for closure I have to wait 2-6 months for them to close the account on their end... THE WHOLE TIME OF WHICH I CAN NOT ACCESS MY PROFILE ON MY LOCAL CONSOLE AT ALL!
-Seems like they don't know what the hell they are talking about half the time!
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!
SUGGESTIONS ANYBODY?
Message 1 of 2 (522 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My 360 gamertag was deleted but my profile remains act

@Redflintspark wrote:
Hi guys. My 360 has been packed away for some time now. Upon recently setting it up for my son I realized this issue. Sorry for the storyline...
-tried to sign in with profile on 360; prompted for email and password to update security info.
-forgot email/password used for account; tried everything I could think of and wound up calling Xbox to walk me through this.
-Xbox says my gamertag is not "available", but there is NO information in the system for my gamertag at all. Leading them to believe that it was deleted for inactivity.
-Xbox says wait an unknown sum of time and the gamertag will be free again for use
-I then tried to sign into my local Xbox profile and again was prompted for email etc. upon which time I began trying to reset password with any email I could think of and BOOM I nailed it! IT LET ME CHANGE THE PASSWORD and sent a verification code to my email ON FILE!
-I try to sign in again and behold... Prompted for email and password for security info update.
-Try the email and password only to get an error.... Something along the line of 80504016....
-Sign into Xbox live on computer using same email and password... Xbox issues a new gamertag at "0 point blank"!
-Xbox says seems it was deleted and "likely" re-accessed during the waiting period, and now that it's up for closure I have to wait 2-6 months for them to close the account on their end... THE WHOLE TIME OF WHICH I CAN NOT ACCESS MY PROFILE ON MY LOCAL CONSOLE AT ALL!
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!
SUGGESTIONS ANYBODY?

This is EA's technical self help site, what you really need is Xbox Live's customer service site at support.xbox.com 

because nobody here can help you recover your Xbox Live Account, only a member of Xbox Live customer support can do that.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (613 Views)

All Replies

Re: My 360 gamertag was deleted but my profile remains act

@Redflintspark wrote:
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!
SUGGESTIONS ANYBODY?

This is EA's technical self help site, what you really need is Xbox Live's customer service site at support.xbox.com 

because nobody here can help you recover your Xbox Live Account, only a member of Xbox Live customer support can do that.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 2 of 2 (614 Views)