Monetization of EA games on Youtube,

by Peterowsky

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Monetization of EA games on Youtube,

★★ Novice

Recently I started to pursue the dream of becoming a star on Youtube. To do this, I started by recording my experiences on Battlefield 3, but before I can even think of monetizing that video, I need to know about potential problems. For example, what do I need to do to Monetize a Battlefield 3 video, or a video from any other game published by EA? Do I need a written permission? Do I need to feature EA and the developer in the credits of my video? Until I have the rights to do so, my video will stay non-Monetized.

P.S. I've also messaged Youtube about this issue, but I am stil lawaiting reply.

Message 1 of 6 (13,597 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Monetization of EA games on Youtube,

Hero (Retired)

Hi there!

I understand that this can be difficult to know what kind of content you are allow to post on YouTube. But DICE/EA are often positive when it comes to videos from their own games. 

I recommend you to take contact with a Game Advisor and they can explain more about this.

- Sincerely, Timmie.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (14,739 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hi there!

I understand that this can be difficult to know what kind of content you are allow to post on YouTube. But DICE/EA are often positive when it comes to videos from their own games. 

I recommend you to take contact with a Game Advisor and they can explain more about this.

- Sincerely, Timmie.

Message 2 of 6 (14,740 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What was the result? Did you contact a Game Advisor? Did you obtain permission? I was told previously:

"This is in response to your request dated December 22, 2012.  Unfortunately, EA is not able to provide a blanket permission to use our copyrighted game footage. We have previously advised YouTube that EA generally does not object to fair uses of video footage or screen shots from publicly released versions of our copyrighted games, including on YouTube channels which are commercialized, but that we reserve rights to address inappropriate use of our copyrighted content.  We will continue to advise YouTube directly of that position."

Does this mean Let's Play monetization is approved? I believe this means you can at a minimum post the videos, but I'm unclear on monetization.

~Xexor

Message 3 of 6 (13,002 Views)

Community Manager

If you would like to get a personal confirmation, please send a mail to permissionrequests@ea.com.

Message 4 of 6 (12,999 Views)

nvm

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Message 5 of 6 (11,448 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know this is an old thread, but when I Googled this question this is the first page that came up for me, so I'm hoping this answer will save alot of digging for other streamers.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-request-permission-for-ea-games-content/

EA Allows you to use and monetize their gameplay. Just do yourself a favor and mute music. If EA uses music they purchased a licence from an artist in their game, that licence doesn't transfer to you as the streamer/YouTuber, and you'll get a DMCA takedown notice from the artist for the use of their music.

Message 6 of 6 (6,697 Views)