Re: MY FPS LOCKED TO 30? Help please.

by vintovski

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice
This issue started after updating to 1903 version in windows 10.
Message 11 of 117 (3,043 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@ragnarok013 Same problem. I don't understand what is wrong lol It doesn't happen in other battlefield games.

Message 12 of 117 (3,013 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Wait. Once I used DDU to uninstall the graphic drivers and it forced restarted and once my windows was up, windows started to automatically install a older GPU driver maybe thats the problem? and how do I stop windows from doing that?

Message 13 of 117 (3,003 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Okay so I found out how to stop windows from installing the older driver using DDU. I have completely reinstalled my GPU drivers and yet it's still the same.

Message 14 of 117 (2,991 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@ZG-iwnl wrote:

I have tried console commands in game. I have reinstalled drivers, game, origin and messed around in my Nvidia control panel and it still has this problem.

Your best bet would be to install NVIDIA Profile Inspector, then to manually change the Frame Rate Limiter setting under the "2. Sync and Refresh" tab to Off. 

https://imgur.com/a/6s1MKiJ imgur link for clarification

Message 15 of 117 (2,883 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have done that it's off

Message 16 of 117 (2,796 Views)

★★ Novice
Hey so just a FYI it seems that Windows 1903 completely destroys FPS in Battlefield 3. Multiple people are having the same problem and there seems to be no way to fix it.
Message 17 of 117 (2,703 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@stichomythia Great. Windows update * * up again.

Message 18 of 117 (2,677 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

To anyone still reading this I have fixed the problem I think. I completely reinstalled windows and turned automatic updates off and downloaded each driver/update even tho my fps is locked at 110 - 120 FPS even on low and ultra settings it is still an improvement. 

Message 19 of 117 (2,611 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

That's weird, I did that too and still get stuck at 66 FPS. What version of Win10 did you reinstall?

Message 20 of 117 (2,605 Views)