Re: Log In

by prestone010

Original Post

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

Me and my sister are new to origin. We just recently created an Origin account because we wanted to install TheSims3 which my friend gave me for my brithday! After I created my account, we downloaded the software for Origin. Every time we go to log in to it, it says, "You must be online for logging in for the first time." or, "Online log in is currently unavailable." We've deleted it, and re-downloaded it, we even tried making a new account and resetting the computer! What do we do?

Message 1 of 4 (852 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

Here is an easy fix to fix this problem, Let me know back here in this thread if it works. @FloppyPancake21 

1. go to control panel.
2. Go to internet options.
3. Click the connections tab and at the bottom of the window click on LAN SETTINGS.
4. uncheck the option Use a proxy server for your LAN.
5. Click Apply.
6. Close Origin restart the program and computer.

Also you can try to go to your appdata: %appdata%\..\local and ..\roaming and delete the Origin folders, restart your PC and now try and login again.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (851 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Here is an easy fix to fix this problem, Let me know back here in this thread if it works. @FloppyPancake21 

1. go to control panel.
2. Go to internet options.
3. Click the connections tab and at the bottom of the window click on LAN SETTINGS.
4. uncheck the option Use a proxy server for your LAN.
5. Click Apply.
6. Close Origin restart the program and computer.

Also you can try to go to your appdata: %appdata%\..\local and ..\roaming and delete the Origin folders, restart your PC and now try and login again.

Message 2 of 4 (852 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

great

Message 3 of 4 (678 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@prestone010 wrote:

great

Yep. Now I'm closing this thread as it was necro'd.

Message 4 of 4 (573 Views)