Re: Left Mouse button refuses to work

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Left Mouse button refuses to work

★ Novice

Hi,

After finally installing Battlefield 3 Premium, I launched into a Campaign. No issues loading up, but once the gameplay commences the left Mouse button, fire button does not respond. I then tried to install and use a different mouse with the same problem. I even tried to break out the joystick, the fire button was also not working. Battlefield has just pushed the latest update today, and the problem is still there.

Has anyone experienced this before? Any ideas what I can try to get this resolved?

Thanks,

Ron

Message 1 of 7 (1,180 Views)

Hero (Retired)

hey

try reboot pc, reinstall mouse drivers, try bring your mouse to your friend and he can check if its the same issue, maybe your mouse is broken or not adds button function to work

Regards,

N

Message 2 of 7 (1,174 Views)

★ Novice

I have already tried to reboot the PC several times also tried other known good mice with the same issue. As well the mouse I first tried works fine using all programs except Battlefield 3

Message 3 of 7 (1,165 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Still an issue. I installed yesterday and tried two different mouses. I switched LMB and RMB and LMB works for aiming but still can't fire weapon even with RMB.I Tried turning off Origin In-Game on steam and origin.

Message 4 of 7 (1,007 Views)

Champion

although its going to be classed as a necro post, have you ANY bluetooth devices connected, have you got discord installed (disable discord overlay if you have)

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 7 (955 Views)

★ Novice

Close all programs running in the background such as mouse and keyboard software but also other stuff like that.

If it works start one program after the other to figure out which one was the reason for it.

Discord ingame overlay is also known to cause problems ingame.

Message 6 of 7 (866 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Battlefield 3, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 7 of 7 (835 Views)