Re: Kicked by FairFight BF3

by BatuField

Original Post

Kicked by FairFight BF3

★★★★★ Novice

Hi all, i have a problem about BF3. I have BF3 Limited edition and Premium but when i try to join "premium" marked servers, i got an error from battlelog. It says that i kicked by FairFight for no reason. I've played in premium servers with same account before but now i can't. I made some search on google and someone said that is an anti cheat software. I did not use any kind of cheat ever. I never do such this things. You can check my profile and my statistics . My nickname is SoapMacTavish61. Help me to solve this please. Thanks

Message 1 of 11 (1,969 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hey @BatuField  can you join a server using Battlelog instead: https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/gate/ 

The will get a better information on the error message. 

/Atic 

Message 2 of 11 (1,918 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Atic Yes, i can join other servers, but i can't join "premium" servers.
Message 3 of 11 (1,888 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

i attached the screenshot of error message, please check it

Message 4 of 11 (1,885 Views)

EA DICE Team
@BatuField do you get error that on all servers?

/Atic
Message 5 of 11 (1,826 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Atic Nope. I got this error only when i try to join "premium" servers.
Message 6 of 11 (1,820 Views)

EA DICE Team
@BatuField can you change Origin to be using "Participate in Origin technical previews" and restart origin then join a premium server.

/Atic
Message 7 of 11 (1,788 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Atic i tried what you said, but nothing changed. Still got same problem :/
Message 8 of 11 (1,778 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Well this clearly shouldn't be a thing, since BF3 doesn't use FairFight at all.

I've seen more players with the same issue recently, and I suspect there are two problems here. The reason they're being kicked probably has to do with the game license not being validated properly, like with the other recent problems with validating the game license through Origin (think B2K). Apart from that, it seems like Battlelog maps the error code returned by the BF3 client/server to the wrong value (since again, BF3 doesn't use FairFight).

@EA_Atic On a sidenote, the only way to join a BF3 server is through Battlelog.

Message 9 of 11 (1,636 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

After looking into it further, it does indeed seem to come down to a Battlelog bug and a license validation issue:

• Battlelog maps error code 37 to KickedViaFairFight, while the BF3 server has no such kick reason. It should be PremiumStatusMismatch.
  • OP owns premium, but can't join premium servers (which is when the "kicked by FairFight" error shows up). After disabling the premium requirement on my server, he managed to join.
Message 10 of 11 (1,604 Views)