Re: Keep getting "Game disconnected: could not join server."

by Testieeklees

Original Post

Keep getting "Game disconnected: could not join server."

★★★ Newbie

So ever since I upgraded to BF3 Premium on the PC, I cannot join ANY servers.

Attempting to join a server will result in me being stuck at the "Connecting..." stage in the Game Manager. After a little while, it disconnects and gives the error message, "Game disconnected: could not join server."

I've tried many things to solve this, but none have worked:

Any other solutions I'm missing?

I think it goes without saying that it is really fustrating to know I paid for premium only to find that I can't make use of it.

Message 1 of 29 (48,407 Views)

Hero (Retired)

hey try this: repair install in origin also what is your pc specs? is it happening to all servers?

Message 2 of 29 (48,257 Views)

★ Novice

Im getting the same thing when playing BF3 on two computers in the same network.  Both systems can log in via seperate games without issue, but as soon as we try to connect to each other (via right click on friend and hit join) one of the systems gets kick off with this error "game disconnected: could not join server".  Thats the error that i get 90% of the time but we also get another that says something about timing out with ea servers.  Ill report back with the exact error when it happens again.  But in the meantime the first error happens all the time now.

Ive uninstalled and reinstalled punkbuster

Opened ports

Even disabled router firewall alltogether.

Systems are:
Win 7

Intel I5's

ATI and nVidia GFX

Thoughts? This is really frustrating.

Thanks

Message 3 of 29 (48,249 Views)

Hero (Retired)

well if you are trying to connect using same account of bf3 in 2 pc that could be a reason....

Message 4 of 29 (48,245 Views)

★ Novice

Sorry, didnt clarify... both machines have their own accounts.

Message 5 of 29 (48,241 Views)

Hero (Retired)

you can try those methods: as i posted or try this link http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-3/Game-disconnected-could-not-join-server/m-p/10580#M1703

Problem 3:
Get disconnected very often without a reason.

Solution 1:
-Download PBsetup from here: http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php [evenbalance.com]
-Extract the files in a folder
-Run PBSETUP.exe
-Click "add a game"
-Select "Battlefield 3". The path of the game should be detected automatically, if not, point it to the right path.
-Click check for updates
-Once the downloads are over, you'll get a message "battlefield 3 is up to date" or similiar. you may now close the application.

Solution 2
-Click on the windows logo/start button
-In the searchbar, type services.msc
-Press ENTER
-A list of services should now be in front of you.
-Click "extended" tab
-Search for "UPnP host devices" or something similiar (the description is something like: Allow hosting of UPnP devices blablabla)
-Right click it
-Click Properties
-I don't know how to translate this, but there is an option like "startup", in the general tab. You can choose between: Automatic (delayed startup), Automatic, Manually, Disabled. You must choose Disabled.
-Click on "stop service"
-Click "apply" and close that little windows.
-Search for "SSPD discovery" and do the same things that you did above.
-Close everything
-Reboot.

Solution 3
-Open chrome/IE/firefox
-Type in the adress bar 192.168.0.1 and press enter. if nothing work with that IP, try with one of these: 192.168.1.1, 127.0.0.1, 127.0.1.1. With one of these IPs you should be able to open up your router's page.
-Log into the router panel (username is usually "admin" or "administrator", aswell as the password)
-Once you are in, you should search for an option called UPnP, and disable it. it might be somewhere in the advanced options, i really can't help you with this one because it's not on my router, and every router it's different, so you might or might not have it.

In case you still have the problem...well...go to the nearest churc and turn on a candle, then prey for a bit.

Message 6 of 29 (48,236 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've also tried repairing the installation, but no luck. It looks to be happening to all servers as I cannot join servers I pick and the servers done thru quick match. The weird thing is that I can play co-op no problem.

I forgot to mention that I had disabled UPnP on my computer and my router in my previous post.

Here are my specs:

• Intel Core i5 780 2.8 GHz
  • ASUS P7P55D-E LX motherboard
  • 4 GB RAM
  • Gigabyte GeForce GTS 450 (v301.42 driver)
  • Windows 7 Ultimate x86
Message 7 of 29 (48,227 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@wing2k8 wrote:

I've also tried repairing the installation, but no luck. It looks to be happening to all servers as I cannot join servers I pick and the servers done thru quick match. The weird thing is that I can play co-op no problem.

I forgot to mention that I had disabled UPnP on my computer and my router in my previous post.

Here are my specs:

• Intel Core i5 780 2.8 GHz
  • ASUS P7P55D-E LX motherboard
  • 4 GB RAM
  • Gigabyte GeForce GTS 450 (v301.42 driver)
  • Windows 7 Ultimate x86

as you say that could be a reason...

Message 8 of 29 (48,225 Views)

★★★ Newbie

#2 worked for me

this problem appeared randomly I am connected now

Message 9 of 29 (47,466 Views)

★ Novice

disable origin in game

Message 10 of 29 (46,735 Views)