Is it possible to change the GUN MASTER PRESET yet & keep the server in the normal/hardcore section of the browser?

by kirky62

Original Post

Is it possible to change the GUN MASTER PRESET yet & keep the server in the normal/hardcore section of the browser?

★★★★ Novice

The only way we can do it is when on "normal" it runs as a custom match & if we run Hardcore the server is UN-RANKED? 

BELOW ARE JUST SOME CLIPS FROM THE MASS OF PAGES OF COMMS WITH EA I'VE GOT CLOGGING UPE-MAILS.... THE QUESTION AT THE TOP & BOTTOM ARE THE IMPORTANT ONES THAT NEED ANSWERING THOUGH

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best Regards,

Akhilesh
Electronic Arts - World Wide Customer Experience

09/22/12 at 05:46 pm

YOU: server capacity drops from 24 players to 16 or even 8 maximum. Meaning that to do the work around to get capacity back I have to enter the server several times to kick any players within or ban them from outside repeatedly as to get server empty for five minutes to hard reset it. Quite often it needs doing several times as it will say 24 on server setup & browser but 16 or 8 when inside(or any variation of the three

09/27/12 at 01:40 am

ADVISOR: Dear Dave,

Thank you for contacting us again.

I do understand that decrease in the server capacity do let to the players getting dropped from a particular server which become quite annoying.

I appreciate all the points mentioned by you. It is great to hear from people like you who are so involved in our games.

To share your ideas, we encourage you to express them on the forums. You can directly interact with our Developers as well as other fellow gamers. Below is the link:
"http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/view/2832654489413765706/'

The Development Team reads the forums regularly and many changes to the game have come directly from the feedback they receive from our valuable players like you.

For any other queries or concerns, please visit our extensive knowledge-base at http://ea.help.com

Regards,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks again for writing us. We look forward to helping you answer some of your questions and hope you enjoy playing EA games!

Best Regards,
Vijay
Electronic Arts Customer Service

12/09/12 at 02:00 pm

YOU: Ok, I\'ll get in touch with them again. While I\'m here I may as well mention that 
1) There\'s still the issue with servers getting stuck on 16 players that was fixed in the last patch, only it also gets stuck on 8 players now. 
2) When a servers map rotation changed from a 24player mode to a 16 player mode,of the surplus players kicked why does it choose to kick the admins/VIP\'s & server owners from server & keep the server full with all the random unknown players? 
3) The premium "Rambo" assignment is broken. Despite getting many kill streaks between 10 and 36 in the last 2 days on ranked servers it won\'t count any of them towards the "Get 10 kills without dying" part of the assignment 
4) Could server settings for owners to adjust please have the choices of Removing the server from being accessible to players through "Quick Match" & The ability to set a limit on how high a players "Ping/connection" needs to be to join. E.g. if a player has a Ping lower than 30 they can\'t join. If that option can\'t happen then can a players "ping" be displayed somewhere either in public on the server scoreboard, or within the administrators manage players page (as it is shown in the bottom left of the "clan match" loading page for each player showing it is possible). Everyone on both teams Instantly notices & starts complaining about/suffering from rubber-banding, severe lag, Audio issues, crashes, freezes, weapons acting unusual, etc... through-out games & know that there\'s a lagger/awful Pinged player within the server but it\'s nearly impossible to find & remove the 1 culprit who\'s ruining 23 other peoples game-play experience. Other than those issues, the game-play/stability is sterling compared to 12 months ago. Your tech team in charge of patches etc... need to subscribe to and watch "IND Gamers" QED Page on youtube though to see what needs fixing & not miss patching them again. All 65 current known game glitches/map errors & how to perform or use them for either fun, or to cheat & gain unfair advantages on bf3 multi-player have video tutorials 
5) Having been a paying server administrator(owner) since the 1st day "Rent a Server" was released and having been running the server for the Hardcore community all this time i\'m very disappointed & frustrated that our requests to be able to keep the servers RANKED when player health is set at 60%(As Health on Hardcore has always been)still haven\'t been heard or changed. The server setting "player health" still needs to be moved from "UNRANKED SETTINGS" section to the standard "SETTINGS" section. 
6) Back to Karkland & Aftermath map rotations still haven\'t had all the conquest & conquest assault maps added to be chosen 7) The ability to choose each maps "TICKETS IN %" setting should be per map, not per Rotation(When running servers on higher ticket % for most modes keeps it fair for both teams. In Rush mode a low ticket count gives the defenders greater chance of winning & a high % the attackers have better chance of winning. It\'d be nice to keep mixing rush & conquest in my map rotation with 200% tickets on conquest without un-balancing the rush games. 

Hope some of these issues can be looked into and amended. Keep the patches coming & the game will reach its potential in no time. 

Regards Dave

12/09/12 at 05:16 pm

ADVISOR: Dear Dave

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

I understand that you are facing connectivity issue with server. Please make sure you are well connected with the console/PC. Please follow the steps given below to check the connectivity.

Power Cycle Modem:

Please unplug your modem and router for one minute. 
After one minute has passed, please plug back in the modem. 
Next, plug the router back in. 
Then try logging into the game or service again. 

Also try Bypassing a Router :

First disconnect the ethernet or LAN cable from the back of your router.
Unplug your modem's power. 
Turn off your computer or console. 
Plug the ethernet or LAN cable directly into your computer or console. 
Turn your modem back on. 
When lights on the front of the modem begin flashing again, turn your computer or console back on and test the connection.

If it doesn't work please provide the UO Trace.

If you don't have the UO Trace tool, Please visit: 

http://support.uo.com/latency.html to download and install the tool.
Please launch the application.
Next they should click “Options”.
Click “Advanced”.
After opening the “Advanced” option, type in the address of the server to ping.
For most EA servers, easo.ea.com
At last, click the "Trace route to host" button to display results.

Please follow the steps to attach receipt to case# 06790096

Locate the correct case.
Click "BROWSE" and locate the file to be attached.

If you have any further questions or concerns please reply to this email or visit our extensive knowledge base online at http://help.ea.com.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mark: Is there anything else I can help you with beside from your concern?
you: No it's ok cheers, unless you know the answer to when a rented server can be made to remain RANKED with player health reduced to 60%? We can't set anything ranked at 60% health
Mark: Thank you for contacting EA Customer Support. Have a good day.
Mark: For the rented server the one who rented it is the one has the capability making it ranked
you: I've rented one for 1 year now & the player health option is in a seperate box that can't be changed with-out UN-RANKING the matches, just odd that it still hasn't been addressed thats all, night
info: Your chat transcript will be sent to kirky62@hotmail.co.uk at the end of your chat session.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a couple of cut-outs from various contacts throughout the last year of issues that keep getting raised, then ignored, raised again & blatantly lied about. I had an adviser tell me twice now that the server getting stuck on 1/2 player count is fixed(still ain't). And another problem for over 12 months now is servers can't be kept on "RANKED" when health is set at 60% hardcore settings. Since then they brought out "gun master weapon set-ups" very nice but we have to run the server either "UN-RANKED" or in "NORMAL" mode instead of enjoying it on hardcore.

It's not so much the problems not being solved but the fact that the problem is still there, every-one on ps3 has the same problem(probably globally) & when speaking to their staff about it they won't accept that it same exists, repeatedly sending "FIXES" that haven't worked, don't work & I can't foresee any reasons to why it'll work in the next 12 months unless it's acknowledged & addressed by the owners. i.e. ea&dice. So have any of you got any advise on how to fix it? because after 1-2hrs of repeating myself to all the staff I get the displeasure of getting through to without my questions even being acknowledged, yet alone answered, I give up, hang up, go back to listening to players whine incessantly over VOIP in every game I join for another month until i get that sick to death, try and do something about it & the whole 4 week cycle starts again for the 12th or 13th bloody time.

To be Fixed or Not to be Fixed????????????????? don't care about the details just a 1 or 2 word answer

Message 1 of 1 (1,621 Views)