Invalid license

by westazoo

Original Post

Invalid license

★★★ Newbie

I am getting an error when trying to play my bf3 on origin.  Its a new install and saying invalid license and missing dll.... Please help!

Message 1 of 9 (2,957 Views)

Re: Invalid license

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Try following the steps in this link:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654347723461388/

Another thing you could try is right click on the game in Origin and Repair install.

Does it say what dll you are missing?

Message 2 of 9 (2,951 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Invalid license. Reason code= Missing DLL: dxgi.dll Function: CreateDXGIFactory1.

I tried to do a repair install.... I am triyng to avoid the un install and re install.......

Message 3 of 9 (2,946 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

What graphics card do you have?

edit:
Try updating DirectX
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

or

Run DXSETUP from "Battlefield 3\__Installer\directx\redist" <- should be the same thing.

Message 4 of 9 (2,942 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello 

Try this it will definitly work fine after u do this.

[Removed - Admin. ]

4. Profit.

If this somehow doesn't work download also these "dx3dx11_42.dll" & "dx3dx11_43.dll"  without " ofc.

Message 5 of 9 (2,907 Views)

★★ Novice

FIXED FOR ME! Yeeehah! Finally.

I did all the other things and nothing made a difference - checked Direct X was up to date (it was) , re-installed my nVidia drivers completely. Plus all the other things. Anyway I run Windows 2008 Server R2, rather than Windows 7 or 8 because i am a developer, and then found this page:

http://www.win2008workstation.com/missing-xinput9_1_0dll/

Now i have used this site before because i have a server as a desktop machine, so i know that it is bug-free - i,e, no someone trying to put a trojan on my computer. I downloaded the file and run it (it installs a (missing) direct x dll on your machine) and now the damned game works!!!!!!!

The reason i had problems is because on the server OS those files are not installed at all.

There is also the issue of 32 bit (x86) and 64 bit (x64) versions of the file. If you have a 64 bit OS then you will probablty need both versions, and i could be wrong but i bet other people who have problems under windows 7 and vista are just having a version problem where one version is installed but both are needed.

Anyway i hope it helps Standard smile

Message 6 of 9 (1,872 Views)

★★ Novice

I am getting fed up with this.

After almost 7 months of issues which I talked to your helpdesk with many many times, last issues were result of me just re-installing windows, and still another issue comes up with invalid license.

I tried a few solutions that did not work, EA you fail, ORIGIN you fail.

How the **bleep** am i supposed to get this game working???

I will once again start a social campaign against you all.

Message 7 of 9 (1,522 Views)

★★ Novice

Why after more then a year can I still not play this game, you cost me a lot of money.

Just make a **bleep**ing fix for the constant **bleep**in issues, you have enough **bleep**ing cash to do so.

Message 8 of 9 (1,521 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

[QUOTE]

FIXED FOR ME! Yeeehah! Finally.

I did all the other things and nothing made a difference - checked Direct X was up to date (it was) , re-installed my nVidia drivers completely. Plus all the other things. Anyway I run Windows 2008 Server R2, rather than Windows 7 or 8 because i am a developer, and then found this page:

http://www.win2008workstation.com/missing-xinput9_1_0dll/

Now i have used this site before because i have a server as a desktop machine, so i know that it is bug-free - i,e, no someone trying to put a trojan on my computer. I downloaded the file and run it (it installs a (missing) direct x dll on your machine) and now the damned game works!!!!!!!

The reason i had problems is because on the server OS those files are not installed at all.

There is also the issue of 32 bit (x86) and 64 bit (x64) versions of the file. If you have a 64 bit OS then you will probablty need both versions, and i could be wrong but i bet other people who have problems under windows 7 and vista are just having a version problem where one version is installed but both are needed.

Anyway i hope it helps 

[/QUOTE]

Windows 2012 here - this worked perfect. Many thanks

Message 9 of 9 (1,476 Views)