Re: I'm stuck in Origin's Offline Mode

by EA_Joker

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same trouble, when ever i click on The Sims 4 either a white box shows up that Origin needs to update in online mode even tho it has not made an offer to update at all, and if it doesn't do that the Origin log in box comes up and at the top it says "Online login is currently unavailable" even tho i have internet connection, then when i sign in it pops up again, and again, and again, and wont let me play my game!

Message 71 of 87 (10,592 Views)

★★★ Novice

That link is invalid

Message 72 of 87 (10,574 Views)

★★★ Novice

That link is invalid. Error 404. it might be because that link was posted on this feed 4 years ago. Anyone have a different link to check the status?

Message 73 of 87 (10,573 Views)

★★ Novice

Yea same problem, I can't log in or anything, I HATE origin, its been a constant problem for me from the moment they starting using it, it really ticks me off that I PAID for these games and I can't play any of them because Origin is offline, really a very stupid move by EA !!

Message 74 of 87 (10,547 Views)

★ Novice

rap what the hell are you talking about there is no refresh as you cant get the page up

Message 75 of 87 (10,403 Views)

★ Novice

that's because origin is * and all you people need to ask for your money back.

Message 76 of 87 (10,404 Views)

★ Novice

I have downloaded origin 14 times already to fix this issue. I haven't played the sims in 4 months already, what else can I do?

Message 77 of 87 (10,154 Views)
Highlighted

EA Community Manager

Hey guys - if you are having issues with Origin being stuck in Offline Mode, please try the following in no particular order. You can also check after any step if it works, since this can have multiple reaons.

If that doesn't fix the issue, please perform a malware scan on your system and try again.

Message 78 of 87 (396,347 Views)

★ Novice

I tried uninstalling it then reinstalling it but now its just stuck in the origin setup. Now I cant play anything anymore.

Message 79 of 87 (10,047 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey @Meeka708,

where exactly is it stuck, if I may ask?

When uninstalling, did you also clear the Origin Cache? If you're not sure, check this link. Those folders aren't deleted automatically, so you might wanna give this a try. What also might help is temporarily deactivating firewall and/or antivirus software during the installation.

Message 80 of 87 (10,041 Views)