I got permanent GUID ban by PunkBuster, but I don't know why

by Mrki-MGN

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I got permanent GUID ban by PunkBuster, but I don't know why

★★ Novice

OK So I haven't played Battlefield 3 for like a month or two, since I had the vanilla version of the game, I had couple of bucks on my debit card, I've gone on and I bought 3 DLC's for $4, Back to Karkand, Armored Kill and Close Quarters. I downloaded them, tried to join server, first time the game just crashed while loading, no errors. OK I thought it's a random crash, happened before. Second try, crashed again but now Battlelog shows an error saying "Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster permanent ban issued on this Game Server for player 'REWOWLER-OCELOT' ... GLOBAL PunkBuster GUID BAN 5b03ff04". And I said to myself "OK I don't know what this is or how am I banned, first time playing on server with a DLC", then I tried a vanilla server and same time happened on all servers.

I was doing a little bit of research and I found the website called PBBans, I tried the thing they have there that shows if you are banned and why and also you can see recently banned players over there. I've put the GUID "5b03ff04" that was in the error message, shows nothing, doesnt say why I am banned, on other people it shows that they are banned for hacking and stuff. But I scrolled down and it said: "The entered GUID is globally banned by Even Balance. PBBans caches global ban data therefore this check may not reflect the correct global ban status."

I really don't know whats happening, this was 3 days ago, I've sent 3 appeal messages to Even Balance and I haven't received any replies whatsoever.

Does anyone know what the issue might be and can it be solved? Because I pay money for games and the money just go down the drain. I'm really upset....

Message 1 of 3 (912 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I got permanent GUID ban by PunkBuster, but I don't know why

Hero (Retired)

@Navigando @Mrki-MGN Hello,

Sorry, but EA support can't help you in this case because PunkBuster is a third-party program. Please contact PunkBuster to appeal your Global Ban: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/battlefield/punkbuster-bans-and-violations/

Unfortunately, here on the forums we are not able to do anything with your ban.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (1,092 Views)

All Replies

★★ Pro
Hi @Mrki-MGN

First of all try to update/reinstall PunkBuster (if you need you can find several guide on internet YouTube too).

If you can't still play follow this instructions:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

Navigando
If it was useful, please Grant XP and accept this Answer as Solution
[I do not work for EA!]

Message 2 of 3 (887 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Navigando @Mrki-MGN Hello,

Sorry, but EA support can't help you in this case because PunkBuster is a third-party program. Please contact PunkBuster to appeal your Global Ban: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/battlefield/punkbuster-bans-and-violations/

Unfortunately, here on the forums we are not able to do anything with your ban.

Message 3 of 3 (1,093 Views)