I'd like to link my PSN account to my new origin account

by lolo997

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I'd like to link my PSN account to my new origin account

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello,

First of all i'm french so I apologize for mistakes in this message and I hope you'll be able to understand what my problem is.

I purchased Fifa 09 few years ago and used to play it on a PS3 device. To enjoy online experience, I was asked to create an EA account. I used an email adress with doesn't work anymore, it was: [edit: email address removed]. My PSN account and my EA account are linked to this email adress.

Then I purchased BF3 premium and in order to play it online, I was demanded to create an Origin account. I dit it with another email adress : [edit: email address removed].

Now, I'd like to link my PSN account to my Origin account ([edit: email address removed]) and delete my former EA account ([edit: email address removed]). Is that possible ?

Thank you

Message 1 of 94 (85,770 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I'd like to link my PSN account to my new origin account

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@moonlight341 wrote:

I'm relatively new to this site and can't find the cogwheel...if possible can you post a screenshot of one or list directions on how to find it.

The list above seems not up-2-date anymore since various Origin updates in the meantime have brought improvements and changes to the UI and functionality.

Here's an updated list of steps for linking your PSN/Xbox and Origin account:

- Download and install Origin from http://www.origin.com/download

- Click on Friends -> Add a friend.. in the menu bar in Origin

- Click on Connect next to PSN or Xbox

- Sign in with your PSN or Xbox account

- Ignore/close the friends import window

If there was no error message so far (besides maybe "No friends were found"), both your accounts should be linked now. It might take a few minutes until your PSN or Xbox account will show up under "Connected Identities" at your account management page (https://www.origin.com/account)

In case there has been an error (e.g. this account is currently linked to another Origin account), please contact a Game Advisor at https://help.ea.com/contact-us who will be able to look into this for you and who can assist you further with correcting this issue.  

Hope this helps, let us know if there is anything else.

View in thread

Message 13 of 94 (146,503 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

In order to link a gamertag or PSN ID to your Origin account, you need to do this:

1. Log in to your Origin account

2. Press the cogwheel in the top right corner and choose "add a friend" (if you are on the pre-release version, click on Friends in the top left corner and choose "add a friend...")

3. The pop-up will give you the option to connect to Facebook, XBOX Live or Playstation Network. Choose your preferred option

4. Fill in your log-in details and follow the steps on screen

You're good to go. If you are unable to connect, it could be a temporary issue with the servers. Try again later and if the issue persists for more than 24 hours, contact EA support

Message 2 of 94 (85,587 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi lolo997,

I've removed some of the personal information from your post, please keep in mind that this is a public forum.

You should get in touch with one of our Game Advisors in order to get both your accounts merged into one. They will be happy to assist you and this way you won't lose any of your games.

Feel free to post again if you need any further assistance Standard smile

Message 3 of 94 (85,583 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried your method and when I clicked to add friend for ps3 it said I was not allowed to access this page. There was a sign in/sign up at the top right and I did. Nothing on the page helped and I still do not have a soldier on my battlelog. Frown

Message 4 of 94 (85,037 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried your method and when I clicked to add friend for ps3 it said I was not allowed to access this page. There was a sign in/sign up at the top right and I did. Nothing on the page helped and I still do not have a soldier on my battlelog.

Message 5 of 94 (85,034 Views)

Community Manager

Hi thebigryan,

If you are using the same email address for your PSN account as well as your Origin account, then both accounts should be linked automatically.

If you are using a different email address for each account or if they don't link automatically, then you need to contact a Game Advisor for further assistance.

To do so, please go to http://help.ea.com/contact-us and choose either Origin or the game of your choice as the Product, followed by "Account" as the category.

I hope this helps, please let us know if you require further assistance. Thanks.

Message 6 of 94 (84,989 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My pns account and origin accout have the same email and are not liked.

Message 7 of 94 (82,156 Views)

Community Manager

Hi ryan177th,

Might be the case that the PSN was linked to another Origin account before?

I'm sorry, but I think you will have to contact an Advisor via Live Chat at https://help.ea.com/contactus for further assistance with this.

Thanks.

Message 8 of 94 (82,152 Views)

★ Novice

ive been trying to contact them but i have no idea how to. it is really frusterating to get my accounts linked.

Message 9 of 94 (81,923 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@eadennis wrote:

Hi @ryan177th,

I'm sorry, but I think you will have to contact an Advisor via Live Chat at https://help.ea.com/contactus for further assistance with this.

When you follow the link, the questions start that lead you through conrtact.

Message 10 of 94 (81,918 Views)