Re: [HowTo] Playing BF3 in 2022 with new EA App

by jotapeyankee

Original Post

[HowTo] Playing BF3 in 2022 with new EA App

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

If you are having an issue running this game, here is how I made mine to work.

This also works for Chrome users, which seemed to be an issue for many.

Should also work for Steam platform.

1. Make sure you have latest EA App and web browser update.

2. Download/Install BF3.

3. Click on "Play" from EA App.

4. This will launch your default browser, this is fine, you don't need to change it.

5. Now on Battlelog site, if you are using AD Blocking apps, ie. uBlock Origin, make sure you whitelist or disable adblocking on the page.

6. Close EA App to system tray. (not sure if needed, but it seemed to help...?)

7. Now you have 2 options to try launching the game from Battlelog:

- In the right corner, click you your name/avatar then go to "Settings".

asd.png

- Now here choose the shown setting with either on / off, and see which one works for you the best. Remember to SAVE.

asd.png

8. Now go to Server Browser, find a server and then join it.

9. This should give you an Origin pop-up, just click "Start" and let it launch the game.

Let me know if this helped.

Message 1 of 64 (24,779 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I dont come this far, 

I press play BF3 in ea app, it greats me then with Double check your internet connection.. This is unique to BF3, I dont have this same issue with BF4.

Message 2 of 64 (24,751 Views)

★★★ Newbie

A popup window appears "Your game failed to launch" An error on our end caused your launch to fail. Try again a little later.   

I have tried both on and off setting for focus game option 

I have been trying for hours!

Message 3 of 64 (23,853 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Chharlie I gave my account to a friend in another country to try my account, he got samme error message. Then he gave his account so I could try his. And his account works. This meaning something is wrong with my account (same I think is wrong with yours) contact EA and tell them to look into your account what is locked.
Message 4 of 64 (23,383 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Chharlie The same happens to me... And talking to EA support, I was advised to uninstall BF3 e reinstall it... I did that and a new problem ocourred: I don't know the f reason, but now I can only instal my BF in russian language... It´s the only option shown to me... And my game is a digital version, bought on 2012, in english, directly from origin...

In resume: trying to solve one, now I've got TWO problems due EA Support... They just don't know how to solve my new language problem, and as they don't know, they already told me my game is russian version (???!?!??!!?)... It´s unbelieveble.
Message 5 of 64 (22,393 Views)

★★★ Newbie

can someone please help me I tried to fix this for weeks and I talked to ea support twice but nothing word and I even tried every single way to fix in the internet 

I subscribed to EA play throw steam to play BF# but everytime I lounch the gme this message pops up 

(we could not active BF3 on this computer using the origin acount you provided please locat your product key to aactive the game using your origin account 

Message 6 of 64 (21,399 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@ArthurOfRevia  i have this issue last year. i execute this command in cmd, then the activation works.

netsh winhttp import proxy source=ie

Message 7 of 64 (21,181 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@x416497 I put this (netsh winhttp import proxy source=ie) in cmd but it did not work Frown
do you have other soloution
Message 8 of 64 (21,083 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah, none of this works for me. No Battlefield will run for me, apart from 2042, of course. I guess they have to force us to play it to boost their number count if they want an actual player base, rather than letting us play the infinitely superior Battlefield titles

Message 9 of 64 (20,653 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
@arcadeinnocence Apr/23 and that still doesn´t work.
Message 10 of 64 (20,646 Views)