How do I unlink an origin account from an xbox live account?

by rucarnutz

Original Post

Re: How do I unlink an origin account from an xbox live account?

★★★ Newbie

Oh no they can't 2.5 hours on chat last night, 1.5 hours on the phone today, and even though I could verify the account they couldn't disconnect them.

Message 21 of 79 (5,016 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Dennis wrote:

Hi, unlinking accounts is currently only possible for Game Advisors. Please contact one of them via live chat or phone at https://help.ea.com/contact-us for further assistance. 

Also on a general note, you should not create a new account, all your game entitlements are tied to your account and by simply changing to a new account you might lose access to all your previous games. If the email address for your account is no longer in use, you can get it changed to a new one by contacting a Game Advisor.

In this case I would strongly suggest to get the email address of your old account changed to a new one, instead of continue playing with the newly created Origin account.

This is quite an old reply, but I'm a situation similar and I'd like to ask something. Since you mentioned it removes entitlements you mean to say that when I play Battlefield 3 on my Xbox I would lose my stats/rank/progression connected to that one since I want to link it up with my new Origin account that  I made to play Battlefield 4 (PC) on? That doesn't really make sense, and really want to have these linked as it is much easier to see my stats rather than sign in and out of different acounts and be kicked from servers on PC while checking stats for BF3 while I'm loading it during an Xbox session.

Message 22 of 79 (4,866 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This isn't blo*dy helping. I go to the help page and there aren't anyone to talk to in AUSTRALIA and I can't do it via e-mail. Origin you are bloody stupid so I'm staying with valve. What a waste of money on you guys. 

Message 23 of 79 (4,825 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

you legend

Message 24 of 79 (4,738 Views)

How do I disconnect and resign back into origin

★★★ Newbie
I'm having some issues with battlefeild 4 and it seems like I need to disconnect and sign back into origin. How do I do this?
Message 25 of 79 (4,613 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I recently setup my origin for PC and accidently linked the wrong live account to my Orgin. I have a live account for PC games and also have a live account for Xbone. Since live has you set up so many emails , I forgot which email belonged to the Xbone account. How can I remove the live account from Origin and use the acccount I use for Xbox?

Message 26 of 79 (4,052 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Dennis wrote:

@rqgconnection wrote:

@ragnarok013 wrote:

Kevin you can connect more than one Xbox live gamertag to your origin account, you can simply add your new one and do not have to remove your brother's account. 

Are you sure of that?

Official Game Advisors usually said only one gamertag could be linked to one Origin account...

What is the truth?

Both are correct (while the quoted words from an advisor are a bit inaccurate) Standard smile

Multiple Xbox Live accounts can be linked to the same Origin account, example: Xbox A and Xbox B are both linked with Origin A.

However, the same Xbox Live account can only be linked to one Origin account at a time, example: Xbox A  has been linked with Origin A and cannot be linked with Origin B at the same time. Before you can link Xbox A with Origin B, a Game Advisor will have to remove the link between Xbox A and Origin A.

The same applies to PSN accounts.

How do i get in touch with a game advisor to unlick the account fo rme?

Message 27 of 79 (3,877 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I should be able to unlink it from my xbox. This is bull and this is messing me all up. *bleep* you origin.

Message 28 of 79 (3,876 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I purchased madden 15 on xbox one and was having trouble getting my xbox live account linked.  The Origin client was saying my xbox live account had already been linked to another account.  Apparently I created another origin account in the past on xbox 360.  

I contacted origin online support and told them I would like to link my origin xbox account (hotmail) to my origin client account (gmail) and provided my xbox live id.

The game advisor sent a verification code to both email addresses.  After providing the code, he informed me that any in game purchases on my old xbox origin account may be lost.  No big deal to me, those games are old anyway and I'll probably never play them again.

This in no way affected any data on my pc account, all my pc games remained in tact and I am now able to log in to Madden 15 on xbox one. All future games should now be linked to the correct account.  I haven't turned on my 360 to find out what data was lost.  I guess it could have lost card packs or other in game purchases, but whatever.  The main concern was getting things working properly going forward, and it seems like that's what happened.

Hopefully this helps!

Message 29 of 79 (3,870 Views)

★★★ Newbie

what you people dont get is we dont want to have to contact you fuckheads everytime we need to change OUR account **bleep** STOP micro managing EVER LITTLE **bleep** THING, going to college for computer tech and having to call you guys about these stupid issues is absolutley stupid.

Message 30 of 79 (3,758 Views)