Re: How do I unlink an origin account from an xbox live account?

by rucarnutz

Original Post

How do I unlink an origin account from an xbox live account?

★★★ Newbie

My email that use to be assigned to my Origin account was deleted, and I need to know how to unlink the account from my Xbox 360/Xbox Account, and then link my new account (the one I am using now) with the Xbox Account.

Please reply.

Message 1 of 79 (189,581 Views)

Community Manager

Hi, unlinking accounts is currently only possible for Game Advisors. Please contact one of them via live chat or phone at https://help.ea.com/contact-us for further assistance. 

Also on a general note, you should not create a new account, all your game entitlements are tied to your account and by simply changing to a new account you might lose access to all your previous games. If the email address for your account is no longer in use, you can get it changed to a new one by contacting a Game Advisor.

In this case I would strongly suggest to get the email address of your old account changed to a new one, instead of continue playing with the newly created Origin account.

Message 2 of 79 (189,088 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did try and contact one on three occasions, but I was hung up on before I could even finish a sentance each and every single time.

Message 3 of 79 (189,076 Views)

Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear that and I apologize for the poor experience you've had so far! I'm pretty sure that this was not on purpose, more likely a technical difficulty.

May I ask you to give it another try, maybe you could use live chat instead. I realize it's probably not the easiest thing right now, asking you to try it again, but unfortunately, only a Game Advisor can assist you further with this account inquiry. 

Thank you very much and please come back to us immediately should there be any further issues.

Message 4 of 79 (189,068 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I will try again. Thank you very much for the swift reply.

Message 5 of 79 (189,058 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

are you goiong to make that possible in the future because my younger brother connected my origin account to his xbox live account before i could connect it to my own one and i need to disconnect it from his account, is there any other soloution for this?Also his xbox live gold membership expired and he doesnt want to get it again.. HELP!

Message 6 of 79 (188,938 Views)

@kevinrockz1520 wrote:

are you goiong to make that possible in the future because my younger brother connected my origin account to his xbox live account before i could connect it to my own one and i need to disconnect it from his account, is there any other soloution for this?Also his xbox live gold membership expired and he doesnt want to get it again.. HELP!

Kevin you can connect more than one Xbox live gamertag to your origin account, you can simply add your new one and do not have to remove your brother's account. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 7 of 79 (188,934 Views)

Re: Madden 25/EA problems

★★★ Newbie

I have the wrong account on my xbox and im trying to update it but for the last 2 days everytime i try to do so it says unable to update your account please try again later what do i do

Message 8 of 79 (187,894 Views)

Community Manager

@dige4 wrote:

I have the wrong account on my xbox and im trying to update it but for the last 2 days everytime i try to do so it says unable to update your account please try again later what do i do

Linking your Xbox Live account to another Origin account can only be accomplished by a Game Advisor at the moment. Please get in contact with them directly at https://help.ea.com/contact-us and they will be happy to assist you with that.

1 Click on the following link: https://help.ea.com/contact-us

2 Click on the blue button "Contact a Game Advisor"

3 Enter the name of your game or product (or "Origin" for account-related issues) and click "Find Solutions"

4 Select the type of issue and the platform you play on, and click on "Find Solutions" again.

5 Click on the blue button "I still need help" if the FAQ articles do not apply to your situation.

6 Select a contact option. Note that you may get different contact options depending on your country or time of day.

Message 9 of 79 (187,860 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thank you for your speedy reply. i will give it a try

Message 10 of 79 (187,845 Views)