Hosting for BF3 - Question regarding Which to use

by kronenbourg73

Original Post

Hosting for BF3 - Question regarding Which to use

★★★ Apprentice

Hi

So, many moons ago, our clan used to have a BF3 and BF4 server. However, since most are playing other games, I wanted to start a BF3 server up again.

I can't remember which we used, but I know one provider let you use Procon (of which I'm fine with) and another let you use their version of Rconnet.

I have found a couple in the UK, but not sure which they use:

Fragnet and Gameservers.

I think we used Fragnet, but from what I think, that's the Procon (of which of course I'll need to set up etc). Is there any server admins that can point me to a decent provider, that maybe has easy to use panel? My mates may want to set stuff up, and as I was the main admin years ago, they have limited knowledge.

Many thanks

Kro

Message 1 of 4 (829 Views)

Re: Hosting for BF3 - Question regarding Which to use

★★ Guide
@kronenbourg73 I currently run a BF4 server with a few others and we use Fragnet and have used them for BF3 also.

in regards to admin controls etc all that can be done through ProCon, some plugins require you have access to the MySQL database for the server so make sure you have that option included when renting a server.
Message 2 of 4 (629 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@CarpoVP Thanks, I used to use Fragnet a while back, and through ProCon. I must admit, I found it quite easy to use, and some of the plugins were a bit tricky but once you get your head around them, its a lot easier Standard smile

I'll have another look at Fragnet, and see what option I may go for.

Thanks, Kro
Message 3 of 4 (522 Views)

@kronenbourg73 I used I3D with procon and had an easy time. I found this old listing of server providers that may be of assistance as well: https://www.ign.com/wikis/battlefield-4/PC_Game_Server_Providers
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 4 of 4 (486 Views)