Re: Have Premium but not Back to Karkand?

by XSV_NiTEMARE

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Have Premium but Back to Karkand not working?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi I have Battlefield 3 Premium but when I right-click BF3 and click show game details, it says I need to buy Back to Karkand. It's greyed out, but I already have  the other DLCs from premium. I'm sure repairing or reinstalling isn't going to do anything since this is likely a small glitch in my account. Thanks in advance for any help.

Message 1 of 436 (49,059 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team
Hey everyone! 

If Back to Karkand is not working and have premium please reach out to EA Support they should be able to help you out with your issue. 

How to contact EA support:

Closing the topic. 

/Atic 

View in thread

Message 193 of 436 (28,003 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hi there 6nick1!

PLEASE NOTE: You don't need to buy Back to Karkand if you purchased the Limited Edition of Battlefield 3, you will just need to update the game. It is possible to buy Back to Karkandeven if you already have access to it via the Limited Edition, so please be careful.

ALSO NOTE: If you have the Limited Edition of Battlefield 3, and you have updated BF3 in order to gain access to Back to Karkand, you will not see Back to Karkand in the "My Games" tab of Origin. Back to Karkand is included with the Limited Edition of BF3, so additional box art will not appear. If you purchase Back to Karkand separately, you should be able to see its box art in "My Games".

PC:

For those who did not receive a Limited Edtion of Battlefield 3, you can purchase and download Back to Karkand for the PC in any of these three ways:

• from the Origin Client Store
  • from the Origin Web Store
  • buy a key at retail or from a 3rd party to redeem in Origin

If you have the Limited Edition, you just need to update BF3 and the Back to Karkand content will be unlocked in your game.

Client Method:
  1. Open the Origin client on your PC, and open the Store tab. If you have the Limited Edition of BF3, skip to step 5.
  2. Find Back to Karkand in the store.
  3. Click Add to Cart, then select Checkout to purchase.
  4. Click Complete Purchase to confirm your order.
  5. You will now need to go to My Games and update Battlefield 3 to play Back to Karkand.

Web Store Method:
  • Visit http://store.origin.com.
  • Search for Back to Karkand.
  • Click Add to Cart, then select Checkout to purchase.
  • Click Submit to confirm your order.
  • You will now need to go to My Games and update Battlefield 3 to play Back to Karkand.

Code-in-a-box and 3rd Party method:
  • Open the Origin client on your PC, click Origin on the top menu bar and then select Redeem Product Code .
  • Enter your code then hit Next.
  • Confirm that the code is for Back to Karkand and hit Next again.
  • You will receive a confirmation of your code redemption.
  • You will now need to go to My Games and update Battlefield 3 to play Back to Karkand.

- Sincerely, Timmie.

Message 2 of 436 (48,925 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply Standard smile

But unfortunetly it didn't solve my problem. I have bought Premium so I should have it right? But I have bought it separately before, then bought Premium. It doesn't let me redownload the Back to Karkand DLC though. So I guess I need it to be not greyed out and that I own it already.

Message 3 of 436 (48,921 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi again!

Please, take a look at this thread: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654348048533775/

Timmie

Message 4 of 436 (58,677 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks it worked! The only thing I needed to do was to update the game. But for some reason it didn't redownload it at first, it just said BF3 was up to date. So I had to go into Origin Games/BF3/Update and deleted the Xpack1 File and then I updated the game. It reinstalled Back to Karkand

Message 5 of 436 (48,910 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Glad it worked! :robotvery-happy:

Come back here to Answer HQ again anytime, if you need help or having questions.

Timmie

Message 6 of 436 (48,906 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is helpful but I still am missing Karkand.  It shows as Premium unlocked on my game details but I get an error popup if I try to connect to a karkand server.  If anyone can fix this Id be very grateful.

Also I always get the pink login wrong username and password bar and then manually have to log in.  This never affected the Karkand issue in the past thought.

Message 7 of 436 (44,969 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm Having the same issue as VortextheGorkha: Premium user, can play all DLCs but Back to Karkand, and have the same Pop up everytime I try.

I've repaired the game, deledted Xpack where Karkand files are located, redownloaded them via Update game option, uninstalled the game, reinstalled it, tried different web browsers (Explorer, Chrome, Firefox) and all give me the same problem. Sometimes it will launch but it's completelly random. So it must be something on Battlelogs end.

Message 8 of 436 (44,773 Views)

★★ Novice

me too. the same problem. pls help 

Message 9 of 436 (44,365 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same problem here too, I contacted EA this morning, they gave me some obvious solution and nothing worked...

Message 10 of 436 (44,356 Views)