Getting banned for "high kill streaks"? Am I the only one?

by ThangNo11

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Getting banned for "high kill streaks"? Am I the only one?

★★★★★ Newbie

I am really sick of EA banning account policy. Other player will keep on reporting me as cheater as soon as I have strike kills, then the admin banned me from servers. I recently check my account on the cheater list and there my name account name was. Why the hell am I on there, why the hell am I banned from servers; because some stupid kids cry that they are loosing and start reporting? I paid for this  game just to get banned when I am finally good at it? 

Message 1 of 6 (1,243 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Getting banned for "high kill streaks"? Am I the only one?

@ThangNo11 wrote:

At first it was just a server banned and  I am starting to see other banned message such as punk buster banned and auto kick from servers and etc. I did't really know what is the main cause, and I didn't mind at first. But now it' reached to the point where I can't join any-server at all. The only  I can join are full of cheaters. 

I did further research why I was banned in the first place, and I found that one of the reason was "AIMBOT", which is totally false report. 

If it is Punkbuster nobody here or at EA can unban you. Here is everything that you need to know about the Punkbuster Bans and how to appeal them.

PUNKBUSTER BAN

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654348539676586/

PunkBuster is not an EA-made program. It is developed by Even Balance and used in many online games.
You must appeal any PunkBuster Ban with Even Balance by opening a ticket. EA Advisors cannot overturn PunkBuster Bans.

Bans, Violations and Appeals
What do I do if I get Banned by PunkBuster?
You will need to resolve your violation, then place an appeal with Even Balance [evenbalance.com].

PunkBuster software running on game servers and the computers of connected players during gameplay is continuously validating players to ensure violations are limited. A violation can be raised to PunkBuster for various instances depending on how each Server Administrator chooses to configure PunkBuster on their game server, as explained in further detail below.

When a violation is raised, PunkBuster announces this violation to all players currently connected to the game and then saves information regarding the violation into a PunkBuster log-file on the server. In most cases, the player associated with the violation will also be removed, or kicked, from the server for a short time. It is up to each Server Administrator whether players raised for violations by PunkBuster become permanently banned for their behavior.
***NOTE: Some servers are non-dedicated with a local-host player, meaning that one of the players is running the game server while simultaneously playing the game. If PunkBuster raises a violation on a localhost player, the violation will be reported but the localhost player will not be removed from the game. The other players will be alerted to the fact that PunkBuster is foregoing the kick due to the violation being raised on the localhost player.

Can I get another copy of the game and play?
Installing another copy of the game with the same account will not affect your banned status. PunkBuster bans affect your GUID, or Globally Unique Identifier, meaning it prevents your account, or "persona," from accessing any PunkBuster-enabled servers.

Does this affect all PunkBuster enabled games?

Yes. A PunkBuster Ban is a global ban that affects all games running PunkBuster Services.

How to resolve violations:
Steps to resolve violations are given below with each violation category. Any player who has problems resolving a violation should fill out a trouble ticket with Even Balance here for assistance. When requesting assistance, be sure to specify the violation number raised and give as much additional information as possible.

Technical Violations: (Resolution: Reinstall PunkBuster from the latest game update patch)
#101 - Communication Failure
#102 - Communication Failure
#131 - Initialization Failure
#132 - Protocol Error
#141 - Distress (This indicates a problem trying to update to the latest version of PunkBuster - it may indicate a problem reaching one of our Internet-based Master PB Servers which can be caused by firewalls, router problems, etc.)
Miscellaneous Violations:
#111 - Bad Name (To resolve such a violation, simply changing your player name or playing on a different server may help)
#112 - Too Many Bad Names
#113 - Too Many Name Changes (Designed to eliminate name change spamming)
#114 - Protected Name (Can be resolved by changing player name or playing on a different server)
#121 - Negative Score Too Low (This is usually caused from Killing Teammates)
#151 - Extended ASCII Characters in Player Name (Can be resolved with the use of regular letters, numbers and symbols in the player name or by playing on a different server)
#9001 - CVAR value failed range check (see this FAQ for more info)
Integrity Violations:
These violation numbers are between 10000 and 29999.
When PunkBuster is unable to verify that a player's gaming environment is functioning properly and/or has not been altered, an Integrity Violation is raised. This also involves the detection of modified game, or PunkBuster, files.

Cheat/Hack Violations:
When PunkBuster detects a cheat or hack by repeated positive identification on a player's computer, a violation is raised. These violation numbers are 50000 and higher. To help resolve issues involving these violations, simply remove cheats and hacks from your computer.
#50000s - Aimbot
#60000s - Wallhack
#70000s - Multihack
#80000s - Gamehack
#90000s - 'Cheat' Video Drivers
#100000s - Speedhack
#110000s - Autofire
#120000s - Game Hook
#130000s - Attempted PunkBuster Hack
Where can I go to appeal?
EA Game Advisors cannot overturn a PunkBuster Ban.

To appeal, you will need to open an appeal ticket with Even Balance [evenbalance.com], who will be able to further assist you with your issues.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (1,183 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hi @ThangNo11!

Please specify if you're banned in a specific server or when you try to access any server a Punkbuster error appears, preventing you from joining.

Where did you checked your name on the ban list?

Regards

Se il post di qualcuno ti è stato d'aiuto, lascia un punto XP ➕
Se il post di qualcuno ha risolto il problema, ricordati di segnarlo come soluzione affinchè altri possano trarne aiuto. ✔

Message 2 of 6 (1,224 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Could you please copy\paste the error message text from PunkBuster ? Did you try to join another server?

Message 3 of 6 (1,214 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ThangNo11 wrote:

I am really sick of EA banning account policy. Other player will keep on reporting me as cheater as soon as I have strike kills, then the admin banned me from servers. I recently check my account on the cheater list and there my name account name was. Why the hell am I on there, why the hell am I banned from servers; because some stupid kids cry that they are loosing and start reporting? I paid for this  game just to get banned when I am finally good at it? 

There are four types of bans, local server admin bans (this is the most likely ban that you received and this is NOT an EA ban), Punkbuster ban (the next likely this is also NOT an EA ban), a battlelog Ban where you cannot play for a certain time in Battlefield (this is an EA ban), and then a total EA ban which means your entire account permanently cannot play online. Until you provide the ban message we cannot assist you further.  EA\DICE does not list a "cheater list" so odds are you were black listed in a third party non-EA plugin such as the Cheater meter or via Punkbuster. If this is what happened you must contact that organization to be removed.

Regarding player reports, the DICE Anti-cheat team looks over each report and looks at the targets stats and other factors before issuing a ban. If you were banned by the DICE anti-cheat team there's a good reason based on empirical data for the ban and it wasn't for a subjective reason such as several other players reporting you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Message 4 of 6 (1,206 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

At first it was just a server banned and  I am starting to see other banned message such as punk buster banned and auto kick from servers and etc. I did't really know what is the main cause, and I didn't mind at first. But now it' reached to the point where I can't join any-server at all. The only  I can join are full of cheaters. 

I did further research why I was banned in the first place, and I found that one of the reason was "AIMBOT", which is totally false report. 

Message 5 of 6 (1,190 Views)

@ThangNo11 wrote:

If it is Punkbuster nobody here or at EA can unban you. Here is everything that you need to know about the Punkbuster Bans and how to appeal them.

PUNKBUSTER BAN

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654348539676586/

PunkBuster is not an EA-made program. It is developed by Even Balance and used in many online games.
You must appeal any PunkBuster Ban with Even Balance by opening a ticket. EA Advisors cannot overturn PunkBuster Bans.

Bans, Violations and Appeals
What do I do if I get Banned by PunkBuster?
You will need to resolve your violation, then place an appeal with Even Balance [evenbalance.com].

PunkBuster software running on game servers and the computers of connected players during gameplay is continuously validating players to ensure violations are limited. A violation can be raised to PunkBuster for various instances depending on how each Server Administrator chooses to configure PunkBuster on their game server, as explained in further detail below.

When a violation is raised, PunkBuster announces this violation to all players currently connected to the game and then saves information regarding the violation into a PunkBuster log-file on the server. In most cases, the player associated with the violation will also be removed, or kicked, from the server for a short time. It is up to each Server Administrator whether players raised for violations by PunkBuster become permanently banned for their behavior.
***NOTE: Some servers are non-dedicated with a local-host player, meaning that one of the players is running the game server while simultaneously playing the game. If PunkBuster raises a violation on a localhost player, the violation will be reported but the localhost player will not be removed from the game. The other players will be alerted to the fact that PunkBuster is foregoing the kick due to the violation being raised on the localhost player.

Can I get another copy of the game and play?
Installing another copy of the game with the same account will not affect your banned status. PunkBuster bans affect your GUID, or Globally Unique Identifier, meaning it prevents your account, or "persona," from accessing any PunkBuster-enabled servers.

Does this affect all PunkBuster enabled games?

Yes. A PunkBuster Ban is a global ban that affects all games running PunkBuster Services.

How to resolve violations:
Steps to resolve violations are given below with each violation category. Any player who has problems resolving a violation should fill out a trouble ticket with Even Balance here for assistance. When requesting assistance, be sure to specify the violation number raised and give as much additional information as possible.

Technical Violations: (Resolution: Reinstall PunkBuster from the latest game update patch)
#101 - Communication Failure
#102 - Communication Failure
#131 - Initialization Failure
#132 - Protocol Error
#141 - Distress (This indicates a problem trying to update to the latest version of PunkBuster - it may indicate a problem reaching one of our Internet-based Master PB Servers which can be caused by firewalls, router problems, etc.)
Miscellaneous Violations:
#111 - Bad Name (To resolve such a violation, simply changing your player name or playing on a different server may help)
#112 - Too Many Bad Names
#113 - Too Many Name Changes (Designed to eliminate name change spamming)
#114 - Protected Name (Can be resolved by changing player name or playing on a different server)
#121 - Negative Score Too Low (This is usually caused from Killing Teammates)
#151 - Extended ASCII Characters in Player Name (Can be resolved with the use of regular letters, numbers and symbols in the player name or by playing on a different server)
#9001 - CVAR value failed range check (see this FAQ for more info)
Integrity Violations:
These violation numbers are between 10000 and 29999.
When PunkBuster is unable to verify that a player's gaming environment is functioning properly and/or has not been altered, an Integrity Violation is raised. This also involves the detection of modified game, or PunkBuster, files.

Cheat/Hack Violations:
When PunkBuster detects a cheat or hack by repeated positive identification on a player's computer, a violation is raised. These violation numbers are 50000 and higher. To help resolve issues involving these violations, simply remove cheats and hacks from your computer.
#50000s - Aimbot
#60000s - Wallhack
#70000s - Multihack
#80000s - Gamehack
#90000s - 'Cheat' Video Drivers
#100000s - Speedhack
#110000s - Autofire
#120000s - Game Hook
#130000s - Attempted PunkBuster Hack
Where can I go to appeal?
EA Game Advisors cannot overturn a PunkBuster Ban.

To appeal, you will need to open an appeal ticket with Even Balance [evenbalance.com], who will be able to further assist you with your issues.

Message 6 of 6 (1,184 Views)