Failed creating D3D - Battlefield 3 error

by mecidon

Original Post

Failed creating D3D - Battlefield 3 error

★★★ Newbie

Hello!

I have a little problem here, every time I start Origins, try to join a server, I get the error message:

"Failed creating d3d device of at least version 10.0 on adapter "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti "with driver "31407". Error is DXGI_ERROR_UNSUPPORTED ("Unsupported.").

I've tried a couple of possible solutions, but no one seems to work, I don't know what to do anymore, I Am greatful for your help.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 4 (6,811 Views)

Re: Failed creating D3D - Battlefield 3 error

Community Manager (retired)

Hi mecidon!

This issue is very often caused by memory issues of your RAM or video-card (like systems below 4GIG RAM). 

Could you please provide us some information about your system? Your DXDIAG would help us a lot for the investigation if this issue.

At first, please check your latest video-card driver and check what version of the origin client is installed on your computer. Install the newest driver for your video card.

For owners of a NVIDIA videocard, please download the latest physx driver. This could solve your problem. Some players reported that it even helped out with an ATI card.

Go to your custom settings of your video-card software. Disable all extra options for enhanced graphics and set the preferences for AA and anisotropic to “use application settings”.
Set the BF3 graphic options to “low quality” or reduce AA and anisotropic filtering to a minimum.
Launch the game, if the issue is solved, you can try to set the graphic options higher.

Sometimes, this issue can be related to the cloud storage.
Open your Origin client, click on “Show Game Details”. Then you go to the cloud button on BF3 and uncheck the “enable cloud storage for all games” box. Launch the game.
If that helped, you can try to enable the cloud storage after a restart; it might work after with the cloud storage function. Make sure to use the local data when the information box popping up.

Cheers

Basti

Message 2 of 4 (6,691 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Estou tendo o mesmo problema. Eu tento abrir um server no BF3, mas aparece o erro 3D3. Possuo uma memória Ram de 4gb, 500 hd. 

Message 3 of 4 (1,342 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with Battlefield 3 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic
Message 4 of 4 (1,184 Views)