[FIX] How to fix the recent bug of BF3 not launching

by Misobap

Original Post

Battlefield 3 license issue steam

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I purchased the Battlefield 3 game on Steam (I've played 93 hours) I have a license problem for 2 days https://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-3/FIX-How-to-fix-the-recent-bug-of-BF3-not-launching/td-p/9419...  I tried the solution but my license file didn't come back and I can't enter the game.

Message 21 of 34 (3,604 Views)

bought battlefield3 on steam,but origin wants game code

★★ Novice

I bought battlefield3 on steam, but after 300 hours of playing the origin started to require the product code, plz help

Message 22 of 34 (3,601 Views)

Re: [FIX] Cómo solucionar el error reciente de BF3 que no se inicia

★ Novice

muchas grasias amigo me funciono 2020

thanks friend thats was a help for me sorry for my english

Message 23 of 34 (3,580 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey everyone, 

A quick workaround we seen to work for some players if you could try. 

• Right click on your EA Game in Steam library
  • Click properties
  • Go to "local files" tab
  • Click "verify integrity of game files"
  • Try to launch game again.

Let us know if that helped or not. 

/Atic 

Message 24 of 34 (3,558 Views)

Battlefield 3 - Activation required

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi there people!
Been having a problem with my Battlefield 3 Steam Edition past last week where it asks me Activate the game on origin when i try to launch multiplayer or singleplayer. 

The problem being I do not have a product key for origin since as mentioned the game is bought on steam. 

Things I have tried to resolve this issue are:
Restarting my PC
Validating my Files on steam
Deleting 1 file and then Validating the game on steam
Deleting Origin Cache
Re-Installing the game 
Running the game as Admin 

So that leads me here asking for help due I'm not able to fix this by myself. 

as a quick edit, This happens on both Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 Title

Message 25 of 34 (3,587 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_AticHi, i was having the same problem as the others is and i just tried what you said and it does nothing. the problem is with EA/ Origins it self. the game shows that it is in our library but the games we have associated with EA is tinted white and says we dont have the game it either shows that we need to buy the game again or it dont let us do anything and nothing happens after the game is clicked. so i had to some here to see if others are having the same issue and they are , but it looks like there is nothing being fixed or done about it. i have tried 2 or 3 methods the EA management has been telling every one but looks like it still isnt fixed yet either

Message 26 of 34 (3,496 Views)

Re: [FIX] How to fix the recent bug of BF3 not launching

★★★★ Novice

I only have the Program Files 86 i can't find any of the other files maybe they go by another name for different PCs i've got an ASUS. I have no idea how to fix this problem hopefully EA or DICE say something soon

Message 27 of 34 (3,323 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks a lot dude! works fine now. The world needs more people like you. I even re-installed the Bf 3 and nothing happened. I though i will never play bf 3 again, thanks man!

Message 28 of 34 (3,151 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

hi everybody, i have the same as the many people in this post, i claimed the key from battlefield 3 from a stream gift, i have played it like 2 or 3 hours (campaign and multiplayer too) and after that i close it and play other games, when i tried to play again battlefield 3 it dont opened, literally it dont opened, just "entering in the server or initialing (sorry my english is very bad)" and dont opened no matter how many times i tried, i have search and see so many post and youtube videos about this problem, uninstalling and installing again the battlefield 3, turn off the protection, deleting archives and like 3 o 4 others thing i can do, and nothing workered, please answers me :x, btw i have just the origin edition

Message 29 of 34 (2,937 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Misobap i freaking love you
Message 30 of 34 (2,735 Views)