[FIX] How to fix the recent bug of BF3 not launching

by Misobap

Original Post

[FIX] How to fix the recent bug of BF3 not launching

★★★★ Novice

1. Go to your C:\ drive

(ff you install everything on a different drive and just use C for OS, it may be on that different drive. Check C:\ though first as it's the default that you shouldn't be able to change)

2. You should see Program Files, Program Files (x86), Users, etc. Find the folder named "ProgramData" and navitage to "C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EA Services\License"

(If you don't see a folder named ProgramData, then on the very top of your file explorer you'll see File, Home, Share, View, etc. Click on the view tab and a panel should pop up and expand (if it wasn't already expanded). On the very right, you'll see the "options" button. Click it and a new options panel should open up. Click on the view tab in the panel that just popped up, and scroll down until you see "Hidden Files and Folders". Under it make sure the "Show blah blah blah" is checked. If that doesn't pop up your folder, then just read through the other options and you should see some other enable functionality. Just check those.

3. Delete the .dlf file. When you open BF3 again through Steam, Origin will automatically recreate the file and that'll fix your problem.

Message 1 of 34 (14,160 Views)

Re: [FIX] How to fix the recent bug of BF3 not launching

★★★ Newbie
@Misobap YOURE A LEGEND! It's been broken for me for a month! No luck. But this fixed it. This answer should've been on Steam, FROM EA.
Message 2 of 34 (13,976 Views)

EA DICE Team
@Misobap your post have been pinned!

@ragnarok013 Thanks for the heads up. Standard smile

/Atic
Message 3 of 34 (13,927 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Misobap Herm, I actually have three dlf files, one named with five numbers, the second with seven numbers, and the last one being a cached version of the seven numbers one.
Message 4 of 34 (13,883 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Funciona!!!! un millón de gracias! 

Message 5 of 34 (13,834 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Misobap 

I've posted and sticked a topic with your solution on the Steam forum, if you don't mind. Here is the link if you want to check: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1238820/discussions/0/2921102177259178442/

Thanks!

Message 6 of 34 (13,789 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had 3 dlf files like the previous user and deleted each one by one until all were deleted and in no situation has the crash on launch fixed Frown

Message 7 of 34 (13,740 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thanks a lot, broo , the bug is fixed

Message 8 of 34 (13,489 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hey man, can you please precise which dlf file must be deleted?

Both me and another dude had three dlf files in the folder, and I personnaly do not know which one must be deleted.

I have one named with five numbers, one with seven, and another being the cached version of the seven number one.

Thx a lot.

Message 9 of 34 (13,308 Views)

★ Novice

Have you fixed it ?? 

i have the same proplem...

Message 10 of 34 (6,222 Views)