Error Message- "An error was reported from EA Online"

by Cruzzaderr

Original Post

Re: Error Message- "An error was reported from EA Online"

Hero (Retired)

as i wrote in previuos posts its from EA a problem all you can do wait or change password in origin for some this work for some not....

Message 181 of 344 (658 Views)

Re: An error was reported from EA Online.

★★★ Newbie

i tried to change back my password but now i cant change it back it says password does not meet the requirements

wtf? so what to do now?

Message 182 of 344 (374 Views)

An error was reported from EA Online

★★★ Novice

My account's password was chaned by someone else. When I found that my password was not working I reset the password.
After that I changed my Origin ID, email account. I can login to battlelog and Origin without any problem. But when I am trying to connect to a server I am getting the following error:

An error was reported from EA Online

No one but I use this PC so how did someone changed my account's pass?!!!

Also How do I fix the problem?

Thnx in advance.

Message 183 of 344 (622 Views)

Re: An error was reported from EA Online.

Hero (Retired)

try again to change it

Message 184 of 344 (370 Views)

Re: An error was reported from EA Online

Hero (Retired)

hey

try change pass and then change again to previuos original one see if it helps

Message 185 of 344 (619 Views)

★★ Novice

Yo guys ! just change password again in origin or on ea.com/profile to whatever u guys want, then log out and leave it that way for like 12-24H, then log in again and try Standard smile worked for me after just a good night sleep :D and rember dont change password and email and stuff like 1000 times that wont help, just keep it simple Standard smile

Message 186 of 344 (622 Views)

Hero (Retired)

one post :

So I was hit with the password change bug and everything went **bleep** up. Couldn't log in etc.

So I changed my password was hit with the "An error was reported from EA Online". Various browsers (firefox, chrome, IE) wouldn't launch the game. Going through and uninstalling the plugin, browser, game didn't solve the problem and just wasted time so don't try this first.

The steps I used to get back to playing are:

Forced to change password? Change it, then change it back.
If you are like me and use a random generator for your passwords this is kinda impossible so I did this.
Changed the password 3 times, first time was forced, second one to a different password, change to a new password and back to the second password. Don't use the "I forgot" option after the force change. This works via the EA account settings.

If you normally use Chrome for your browser, try using IE or Firefox first to see if the game will launch correctly. If it does launch correctly in the other browsers but not your default you have to uninstall the default BF3 browser and re-install it.

Uninstall and re-install plugin and you should be good to go.

Message 187 of 344 (613 Views)

Re: "AN ERROR WAS REPORTED FROM EA ONLINE".

★★ Novice

The Solution for me was to change back to my old password.

However I have yet to find a way to use a new password. I am afraid the old one might be compromised.

Message 188 of 344 (728 Views)

Hero (Retired)

there is one fix:

So I was hit with the password change bug and everything went **bleep** up. Couldn't log in etc.

So I changed my password was hit with the "An error was reported from EA Online". Various browsers (firefox, chrome, IE) wouldn't launch the game. Going through and uninstalling the plugin, browser, game didn't solve the problem and just wasted time so don't try this first.

The steps I used to get back to playing are:

Forced to change password? Change it, then change it back.
If you are like me and use a random generator for your passwords this is kinda impossible so I did this.
Changed the password 3 times, first time was forced, second one to a different password, change to a new password and back to the second password. Don't use the "I forgot" option after the force change. This works via the EA account settings.

If you normally use Chrome for your browser, try using IE or Firefox first to see if the game will launch correctly. If it does launch correctly in the other browsers but not your default you have to uninstall the default BF3 browser and re-install it.

Uninstall and re-install plugin and you should be good to go.

Message 189 of 344 (725 Views)

★★ Novice

Just wait ~1.5 days(dont change pass for like 10times - change once and wait) - and it will update your pass on their server - I tested, and it works for other members.

Message 190 of 344 (651 Views)