Re: Does Battlefield Vietnam work with windows 7

by TN_sleestak

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

May be required to remove Windows 7 security update KB3086255 on order to play!

Message 11 of 18 (3,787 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Yes. :-) Win7. There's issue with cd or dvd drivers in Win7. None of forementioned tries got past black screen back to desktop for me. I saw post somewhere saying update 1st to 1.21, then use special patch to disable using cd. It runs now. You may have some graphics tearing depending on your sys and drivers and their settings. All looks great in mine except buildings, bridges, tents, etc. They're pile of scrap lol like blownup. Annoying but best I could get. Terrain grass, trees, rocks, water, all good. Some vehicles may look bit off too. But all work once in them. I've tried all low to high settings in game video and vcard settings. Oh well, 1st map lots of fun still in single with all the variable ai, bots, etc. Other maps with lot of buildings suck as all bldngs mush. ALL terrain, hills, water, grass, trees, are perfect. Just permanent non-movable structures are scrambled. As said, I tried all searched tweeks, game video settings on/off low-hi, HD5450 vcard settings... all off, this and that on, all on, etc. As well as various compatibility modes from Win98 up to Win7, mine. I'm guessing it's issue with video drivers and/or DX directx, all updated, being incompatible with game map structures coding. It's not bad in maps with only few structures. Those bridges can be used, just may look funky going across lol. Still fun and funny speeding around in Jeep, 6 wheeler, tank, armored tracked troop carrier, etc. The hilliness, long and winding roads, extreme shrubbery, bush, grass for hiding, seems unmatched by newer games. As well as great variableness of how many bots, how smart, how costly in death tickets, etc. I love BF2 too but it doesn't have this great adjustability, just easy-med-hard. When I can afford it, I'll have to try BF Bad Company 2 plus it's Vietnam mod. Be nice if I could find a free demo of it.  ;-) :-)

Message 12 of 18 (3,714 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Try deleting "videos" folder or video files.

Message 13 of 18 (3,388 Views)

★★★ Newbie

CamGibb1959, you say 'I saw post somewhere'
Where?????
How do I update it and where do i get a special patch??

Message 14 of 18 (3,207 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I play Battlefield Vietnam on a Win 7 backup computer that is not hooked up to the internet, so I undid the KB3086255 security update, and yes BV works!  It's awesome to play on a win 7 machine, b/c you can crank up all the graphics at run at 64 bots.

Message 15 of 18 (10,452 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I don't have that update installed
Message 16 of 18 (1,726 Views)

★★★ Newbie

does anyone actually have a working fix for this issue please??even ea cant help

Message 17 of 18 (1,726 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with Battlefield please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic
Message 18 of 18 (1,463 Views)