Damaged Player Profile (360)

by bullture

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Damaged Player Profile (360)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
About two days ago I got a notice starting battlefield that read: "Existing player profile data appears to be damaged and cannot be used". At the time I could still play online. Today I tried to join a game but said I had an incompatible version. I went through each update but had them all. I tried to join many servers but kept getting the same message. Now each time I start battlefield up I get the message, and get notices that I've unlocked this and that and that all my attachments and guns are brand new. I'm not sure how to fix this, can anyone help? Thank you.
Message 1 of 15 (6,254 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Damaged Player Profile (360)

★★★★★ Novice

To fix the corrupted Player Profile, delete your Profile Save Data under BF3.

You wont lose any online stats and when you log in again, it will redownload one last time.

The next time you bring it up, everything will not be reset and will work fine.

View in thread

Message 7 of 15 (6,344 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I hear you man. I'm getting the same incompatible version message error as well when I try to join a friends game.

ERROR:

"The joined game is running an incompatible version. Please ensure that you have updated to the latest version and try again."

I tried clearing my system catche, so it can update, which usally works when I need to update, but that didnt work. Any help?

I also play on Xbox.

Message 2 of 15 (6,226 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@bullture wrote:
About two days ago I got a notice starting battlefield that read: "Existing player profile data appears to be damaged and cannot be used". At the time I could still play online. Today I tried to join a game but said I had an incompatible version. I went through each update but had them all. I tried to join many servers but kept getting the same message. Now each time I start battlefield up I get the message, and get notices that I've unlocked this and that and that all my attachments and guns are brand new. I'm not sure how to fix this, can anyone help? Thank you.

if you go to settings<system settings<storage on your xbox you can attempt uploading your bf3 player profile to the cloud to see if that fixes it, otherwise deleting it and starting the game should create a new profile. This should only affect your preferences and settings for the game.

Message 3 of 15 (6,214 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@ incredbel wrote:

I hear you man. I'm getting the same incompatible version message error as well when I try to join a friends game.

ERROR:

"The joined game is running an incompatible version. Please ensure that you have updated to the latest version and try again."

I tried clearing my system catche, so it can update, which usally works when I need to update, but that didnt work. Any help?

I also play on Xbox.

So I know this answer is not the greatest, but it's what works. I ran into this error myself. It's an easy, but time consuming fix. If you go into your settings and go to storage and select your hard drive, delete the following: Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Update, Multiplayer Update 3, and Rent a Server Update. After they are deleted, go into marketplace and search Battlefield 3, go to extras and see all and re-download those three updates. That should take care of the problem. Let us know if you get it fixed.

Message 4 of 15 (6,204 Views)

★ Novice
Sounds like it will fix my incompatible error but what my real problem is my damaged player profile. Every time I get on battlefield it says Ive unlocked everything Ive already had.
Message 5 of 15 (6,191 Views)

★ Novice
I've found one problem, I was mIssing the multiplayer update, I redone loaded it even though I already had it, I just redownloaded it, and now it's not showing up in my battlefield data. Not sure what to make of that.
Message 6 of 15 (6,182 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

To fix the corrupted Player Profile, delete your Profile Save Data under BF3.

You wont lose any online stats and when you log in again, it will redownload one last time.

The next time you bring it up, everything will not be reset and will work fine.

Message 7 of 15 (6,345 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

If you have a damaged player profile, this is what you wanna do go to your storage and go to gamer profile find your profile and delete, do not worry it will not delete any of your online stats because those stats are all server side, now after you delete the player profile of your 360, go ahead and recover your gamer-tag once you've recovered your gamer tag the damaged profile should go away let me know if this works if not i can see what else i can do for you guys.

Message 8 of 15 (6,158 Views)

★ Novice

Will it delete my premium and my map packs?

Message 9 of 15 (6,141 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

No. You will not lose anything.

Message 10 of 15 (6,134 Views)