Re: Code already used

by Noorwegian

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Code already used

★★★ Newbie

What kind of company is this, seriously? I have a fully-paid-for BF3 game that I picked up FREE (from a person no longer wanting to play it) and can't get it registered because it was previously used ... BUT others who never paid for the game got a FREE copy late May/early June? How do you decide these arbitrary rules and alienate people who would/could be future customers?

Message 1 of 5 (205 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Guide

Hello.

The reason that you can not redeem the code is probably because the person that gave it to you used it. If he used it, it is locked to his account.

Please contact a EA Game Advisor here if you want further help on this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did my answer solve your issue? Please click "Accept as Solution" and "XP" to award me! :D

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (206 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

Hello.

The reason that you can not redeem the code is probably because the person that gave it to you used it. If he used it, it is locked to his account.

Please contact a EA Game Advisor here if you want further help on this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did my answer solve your issue? Please click "Accept as Solution" and "XP" to award me! :D

Message 2 of 5 (207 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I understand that it has been used but if the previous user has no interest in playing any longer, why can't EA confirm with them (since I have no contact info for the person that gave me the game, free, through a craigslist meetup) and allow me to continue using it?How difficult is it to remove it from the other person's library, or wherever it's stored, and permit me the use of the key (or better yet, issue a new one)?

It's been paid for, it's legit, it should not have an end of life if EA is willing to GIVE THE GAME AWAY FOR FREE to who-knows-how-many people for a week in late May and early June. It's pure idiocy that you'd remove a game from existence after money has been paid but freely donate innumerable copies to those never having paid a cent!!!!

Utterly shameful how a company in this day and age can do something so stupid.

Message 3 of 5 (198 Views)

★ Guide

It is the same thing with Steam. Steam won't remove it from a user neither. 

Message 4 of 5 (195 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Then Steam is no better. If the original owner of the game no longer wants to play and a new user wants to play, why don't the companies remove the previous user's ownership by asking them if they forego their title to it and offer it to the next person? Seems like an easy fix to contact the original owner and ask them ... if they confirm, allow the next person to play. Or in my case, since they've given the game away for FREEEEEEE, offer me the same code so I can play.

Message 5 of 5 (191 Views)