Re: Cannot connect to EA Online. Battlefield 3. XBox One Backwards Compatibile

by TDizzle087

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot connect to EA Online. Battlefield 3. XBox One Backwards Compatibile

★★ Novice

Just installed Battlefield 3 on XBox One. I have all my map packs, premium, online pass etc. fails to connect to ea online. Every single time. Cannot get my battlefield 3 profile back. Tried all things recommended. Cleared cache. Cleared MAC address, Hard reset and still nothing. Fails to connect to ea online every time. Please Help.

Message 1 of 10 (13,531 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

ISSUE SOLVED. ANYONE HAVING THIS ISSUE, READ THIS: After trying a lot of things I have solved this issue. I tried removing cache. I tried removing the MAC address. I tried removing my account from my XBox One and re-adding it. I removed my internet connection and reconnected. I did a hard reset after each of these steps and they did not work. I ended up chatting to Microsoft support and letting them know the steps I had already tried. They suggested I reset my xbox to factory settings. I did this and chose the option to keep my games and apps. Then I relaunched the game. And Hallelujah it worked and is now up and running. I have all my stats and level and everything else back. Fore anyone else having this issue I would suggest trying these steps in the same order as i did and if they do not work reset your xbox to factory settings. Or if you want you can start with resetting your xbox to factory settings. This should fix the problem. 

View in thread

Message 3 of 10 (14,969 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hello @craigfels1988

For support, please visit the EA Help website. For instructions on how to use the EA Help services, please refer to How to use EA Help.

Message 2 of 10 (13,465 Views)

★★ Novice

ISSUE SOLVED. ANYONE HAVING THIS ISSUE, READ THIS: After trying a lot of things I have solved this issue. I tried removing cache. I tried removing the MAC address. I tried removing my account from my XBox One and re-adding it. I removed my internet connection and reconnected. I did a hard reset after each of these steps and they did not work. I ended up chatting to Microsoft support and letting them know the steps I had already tried. They suggested I reset my xbox to factory settings. I did this and chose the option to keep my games and apps. Then I relaunched the game. And Hallelujah it worked and is now up and running. I have all my stats and level and everything else back. Fore anyone else having this issue I would suggest trying these steps in the same order as i did and if they do not work reset your xbox to factory settings. Or if you want you can start with resetting your xbox to factory settings. This should fix the problem. 

Message 3 of 10 (14,970 Views)

★★★ Newbie

None of these worked... I tried all of them. Still failing to connect to ea online on battlefield 3

Message 4 of 10 (11,324 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @AllEyezOnMe1894

If you're still looking for some help connecting to the servers check out the steps in this article. https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 10 (11,304 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If I do the factory reset do I lose any of my saved data on other games?

Message 6 of 10 (10,879 Views)

Community Manager

@TDizzle087 

A factory reset with the console will delete all the local saved data for all of your games, including non EA games. Online Multiplayer progress for Battlefield 3 is saved to our online servers.

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 10 (10,866 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok yeah I got it working before having to do that thankfully

Message 8 of 10 (10,812 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I too was having the same issues and problems for failing to login to EA servers on BF3 through XBOX ONE X
I reset my password through EA website. I haven't played BF3 for "XBOX 360" in quite some time, years actually, So I reset my password.
I didn't have to do a factory reset. But I think resetting my EA password is what worked for me.
Was able to get the notification that I was logged into xbox 360 at start up of BF3, which never happened before while booting up game.
This worked for me. 

Message 9 of 10 (6,912 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with Battlefield 3 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic
Message 10 of 10 (6,812 Views)