Can't re-install BF3, says my code has already been used

by chrisda4321

Original Post

Can't re-install BF3, says my code has already been used

★★★ Newbie

Hi i bought bf3 but had to format my pc, now i try to reistall my bf3 game and its saying " wrong product key"

I only have one orgin account, so its not my account thats wrong.

Message 1 of 4 (1,636 Views)

Re: Can't re-install BF3, says my code has already been used

Community Manager (retired)

Hi chrisda4321!

At first, download and install the latest version of Origin at www.origin.com/download (and make sure you have your Origin account ready as well)
If that doesn’t helped, close the origin client and go directly to you origin folder  C:\Program Files\Origin Games. Run the origin.exe in this folder with a rightclick -> run as administrator. 

If you are still unable to redeem your code, you may need to contact one of our Game Advisor. They can check the game entitlements of your account!

Cheers

Basti

Message 2 of 4 (1,597 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi again

I may have made another origin account but i don't remember ;/

Any suggestions how i could get access to my old account? or even insall my bf3 game on my new account?

sorry im a noob

thnks

chris

Message 3 of 4 (1,582 Views)

Hero

It still amazes me how people add games to accounts and then forgets all the details about that account.

If you know your mail and have access to it, then reset your password:

https://www.origin.com/account/reset-password

If you know nothing but just has the game, then contact EA directly by going to https://help.ea.com/contact-us

You have to fill out product, category and platform first, and if you pick United States as country you will be able to start a live chat. If your English is not that good you should probably pick your own language.

Remember to accept the solution if it's correct and press the XP button if somebody helped.

Cheers
-Carbonic

carbonic signature

Message 4 of 4 (1,569 Views)