Re: Can't install the PnkBstrB service.

by Carbonic

Original Post

Can't install the PnkBstrB service.

★★ Novice

After manually updating and all of the other tutorials I could find I still can't manage to fix punkbuster. When installing punkbuster services via pbsvc.exe I recieve an error saying that the PnkBstrB.exe file does not exist in my AppData\Roaming directory. It is there. I've tried everything. Manually running it. Checking services, restarting, all of it. Still won't install the service.

Message 1 of 10 (2,087 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Running any antivirus or malwareprevention program that could be preventing it?

Also, make sure to add the punkbuster services as trusted programs in the Windows Firewall.

Please accept solutions if they are correct and press the XP button if somebody helped you. This way you help others in the same situation.

Cheers
-Carbonic

carbonic signature

Message 2 of 10 (2,066 Views)

★★ Novice

I've disabled all anti-virus and the firewall during any attempt to fix it. Didn't help.

Message 3 of 10 (2,060 Views)

★★ Novice

These are the errors I recieve while trying to install the pbsvc.

Received 3 bytes from 127.0.0.1:44301
Response = 11092 (ms) PnkBstrB DID NOT start.
Load FAILED.
PnkBstrA.log: kBstrB.exe does not contain a valid certificate; Load denied.

[06.23.2013 17:33:06] ERROR: File "C:\Users\Colin\AppData\Roaming\PnkBstrB.exe" does not exist.

[06.23.2013 17:33:06] ERROR: C:\Users\Colin\AppData\Roaming\PnkBstrB.exe does not contain a valid certificate; Load denied.

Message 4 of 10 (2,059 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

hi plz make a new user account with full admin rights on your windows, then reboot and login on that new accout.

This should work!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are all Community members trying to help other community members, So please keep
your patience. Describe your problem in great detail and always post your specs!

I my self also do 1on1 teamviewer sessions, so send me a PM if you want a fast way to fix your problem. (Only Technical Problems)

Please accept solutions if they are correct and press the XP button if somebody helped you. This way you help others in the same situation.

Greetz WOLF

Message 5 of 10 (2,054 Views)

★★ Novice

I am on the administrator account.

Message 6 of 10 (2,033 Views)

★ Guide

IF something blocks PB from installing as a service when you install the game. You have basically had it. You will almost certainly need to delete everything and reinstall it again. Its because its a terrible solution. It doesn't stop cheats in the slightest but if this happens to you, pray you don't pay for download bandwidth now BF4 is around 68gb. 

Message 7 of 10 (1,741 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Hey... @yo5yo8

Disable  Anti-Virus...

[Am not working for EA, If is answer good pls give me XP or accept as solution.]

Thanks for using ANSWERS HQ!

Message 8 of 10 (1,712 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, I know this is a pretty old forum but I had the same problem and finally found the solution. What worked for me was to simply reinstall my Operating System and reinstall Steam/Origin and BF3/4. It's working fine for me now.

Message 9 of 10 (884 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Battlefield, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 10 of 10 (872 Views)