Re: Battlefield 3 issues after latest Origin update

by EA_Illium

Original Post

Can't Install/Download Battlefield 3

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

So I once in July bought Battlefield 3 on Steam but then I refunded it. And then I bought it again via Origin but now I cannot install it. I can try to install the DLC and then it directs me to Steam where it says I need to buy the game again.

Message 1 of 72 (5,757 Views)

Re: Can't Install Battlefield 3 premium on Origin

Hero (Retired)

@PeasantSwede  Hey,

Can you try to delete origin and its cache and install it again? Please follow the steps from this article (steps under Hard way): https://help.ea.com/en-za/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/#hard-way

Thanks!

Message 2 of 72 (5,727 Views)

★ Novice

Sadly it did not work. Any further suggestions?

Message 3 of 72 (5,682 Views)

[ Edited ]

@PeasantSwede wrote:

Sadly it did not work. Any further suggestions?

I have BF3 on both Origin and Steam and have had some issues which I've resolved. The best way I've found to correct this and similar issues is to uninstall and reinstall Origin and ensure the Origin license folder is deleted as well.  If you recently had BF3 installed on steam ensure all of its folders are gone in steam as well then reboot the PC and  reinstall Origin and the  reinstall BF3 in Origin.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 4 of 72 (5,629 Views)

Battlefield 3 won't download

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm trying to download Battlefield 3 Limited Edition in order to play with a friend and when i press download nothing happens. I tried to close origin and relaunch it and still nothing... I even tried reinstalling origin and the problem is still there.

Edit: After the last relaunch of origin i can't see download button but a "details" button (see screenshot)

Message 5 of 72 (5,646 Views)

Re: Battlefield 3 won't download

★★★★★ Novice
I had the same problem, but I eventually got it to download.
I went to origin.com and logged in, then went to my library there, selected BF3 and clicked "play on origin". After that the browser asked if I'd allow this site to open the link with my installed Origin and after accepting it opened Origin and it started the installation normally. Had Origin installed an was logged in.
Message 6 of 72 (5,613 Views)

Battlefield 3 issues after latest Origin update

★★★ Novice

Had an update to origin yesterday Version 10.5.90.46284-767180 and now BF3 will not download. Download button is there but does nothing. After the update when I went to play it had details instead of play for the button. Clicked on details and nothing came up. Uninstalled the game and now it wont download. Also uninstalled origin and did a fresh install. Other games are fine.

Message 7 of 72 (6,651 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager
@JTR659 Can you share a screenshot of what it looks like in your game library when you click on bf3?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 8 of 72 (6,643 Views)

Re: Battlefield 3 won't download

★★★ Novice

Didn't work for me Frown

Also, whenever I try to download it again, it sometimes shows the download button, but won't start downloading when I click on it.

Nothing works..

Message 9 of 72 (5,588 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I can jump in here, it's just the Download button with no functionality behind it. 

It's not all games, as other games download just fine. Only BF3 appears to be affected in this way and it's defininitely due to recent Origin client changes, as I successfully downloaded it via the windows client in December, without issue. I uninstalled today, to try and figure out why I can't download the Karkand and immediately found I couldn't download BF3. Same issue as the OP.

To the OP, the workaround is this....

1) Close the Origin windows client completely. Quit out so its not running.

2) Open the Origin web client, log in and select to download BF3

3) When prompted, choose to open the Origin windows client

4) Origin will load up and start the BF3 installation.

Message 10 of 72 (6,617 Views)