Re: Unable to Download and Play Battlefield 3 Limited Edition on PC

by Ddog-43

Original Post

Re: [Solution/Fix] "Details" and not being able to download the game

★★★ Novice

reach out to EA helpdesk, they were able to fix it for me. Didn't have to download anything anymore, just suddenly worked again like before.

Message 51 of 72 (1,075 Views)

★★ Novice

Well update.. Now i have made all installations.. Buuuuuuut *drums playing* Freaking PUNKBUSTER problem now........ 

Message 52 of 72 (1,096 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Try this:

I found that my issue had to do with A) popup blocker and B) a required firewall exception

1) Use mozilla firefox, if you don't have it, get

2) type 'Internet options' in Cortana search bar and open it,--click 'Privacy' & add the Battlelog url  to the pop-up blocker exceptions , also add it to your Firefox 

pop-up blocker exceptions

3) Add the 'BF3WebHelper.exe" (programfilesx86\OriginGames\Battlefield3 folder) to your 'Allow an app through Firewall'  in Window Network settings

4) Open your desktop Origin app-sign in  

5)  Open 'battlelog.battlefield.com' in Firefox. sign in and launch the game from Firefox

Game will open in an external window so look at your task bar and if you see the soldier, click him to open the game window

Message 53 of 72 (1,090 Views)

Re: Battlefield 3 not downloading on Origin

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi, dude, I found how to fix this problem

First, close the origin on the computer completely in the task manager, and then go to the browser and go to the origin already through the browser and there you click the game library select battlefield and click run origin it starts on the pc and thus the game download menu appears, since I'm from Russia there will not be Russian, but for you this is not a problem .

Message 54 of 72 (1,119 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
First, close the origin on the computer completely in the task manager, and then go to the browser and go to the origin already through the browser and there you click the game library select battlefield and click run origin it starts on the pc and thus the game download menu appears, since I'm from Russia there will not be Russian, but for you this is not a problem .
Message 55 of 72 (1,133 Views)

★★★ Novice

I tried everything and nothing. I can't play the game because it is impossible to download the game from my library.

Message 56 of 72 (1,104 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Negativ22 in my case there's even no download button
Message 57 of 72 (1,100 Views)

★★★ Novice

I made a phone call to EA a few minutes ago, cause i am having the same problem. They told me to wait for a patch to solve this. It is a problem with the game BF3. The developers of the game are working on it.

Message 58 of 72 (1,099 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you! 

Starting the download from the browser helped and once the game was downloaded I was able to play it.

Message 59 of 72 (1,034 Views)

Re: [Solution/Fix] "Details" and not being able to download the game

★★★ Novice

for me it s the same , the game is at 0% and do noy download, i ve try every solutions but none working. i can't even find the folder of bf3 on my computer....

Message 60 of 72 (1,005 Views)