Broken bf3.

by YellowbearNE

Original Post

Broken bf3.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Okay, this is just *. I've been trying to fix my Battlefield 3 for days now.
My problem being, the game doesn't start no matter what I try. I tried deleting registries, deleting the game multiple times, reinstalling it, using 4 different browsers (IE, Opera, Firefox, Edge) , updating it, repairing it, uninstalling with revo uninstaller, removing that stupid little file in the battlefield 3 documents, tried running the entire battlefield 3 folder as not read only, tried making every .exe in bf3 folder to run as admin, disabling firewall, antivirus e.t.c * EVERYTHING. Sat for 2 and a half hours in the support (if you can call it that) page, nobody there. 
And still, whenever I launch bf3 doesn't matter what it is, coop, multiplayer, or single, it only launched the bf3webhelper and left me at that. bf3.exe doesn't even pop up for one second.

You guys are my last hope.

Running WIN10 anniversary, 64bit.

Message 1 of 7 (586 Views)

Re: Broken bf3.

@YellowbearNE wrote:

Okay, this is just *. I've been trying to fix my Battlefield 3 for days now.
My problem being, the game doesn't start no matter what I try. I tried deleting registries, deleting the game multiple times, reinstalling it, using 4 different browsers (IE, Opera, Firefox, Edge) , updating it, repairing it, uninstalling with revo uninstaller, removing that stupid little file in the battlefield 3 documents, tried running the entire battlefield 3 folder as not read only, tried making every .exe in bf3 folder to run as admin, disabling firewall, antivirus e.t.c * EVERYTHING. Sat for 2 and a half hours in the support (if you can call it that) page, nobody there. 
And still, whenever I launch bf3 doesn't matter what it is, coop, multiplayer, or single, it only launched the bf3webhelper and left me at that. bf3.exe doesn't even pop up for one second.

You guys are my last hope.

Running WIN10 anniversary, 64bit.

I see that you're on Win10 AU, but what are the rest of your PC specs? Do you get any error codes or error messages, does BF3 show up as running in the task bar or task manager? And lastly are you using the plugin method or plugin free method to launch BF3?

Minimum requirements for Battlefield 3

• Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Althon X2 2.7 GHz
  • RAM: 2GB
  • Graphic card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card, ATI Radeon 3870 or higher, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT or higher.
  • Graphics card memory: 512 MB
  • Sound card: DirectX compatibl sound card
  • Hard drive: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version

Recommended system requirements for Battlefield 3

• Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
  • RAM: 4GB
  • Graphics card: DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 or ATI Radeon 6950.
  • Graphics card memory: 1 GB
  • Sound card: DirectX compatibl sound card
  • Hard drive: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 2 of 7 (572 Views)

★★ Novice

FX-6300, R9 280 gigabyte windforce, tried both plugin free and with plugin in different browsers. Now trough multiple reinstalls the furthests i've gotten is getting bf3 to pop up for 1 second and then close in taskmanager, doesn't even appear in the taskbar.

Message 3 of 7 (564 Views)

@YellowbearNE wrote:

FX-6300, R9 280 gigabyte windforce, tried both plugin free and with plugin in different browsers. Now trough multiple reinstalls the furthests i've gotten is getting bf3 to pop up for 1 second and then close in taskmanager, doesn't even appear in the taskbar.

What happens when you right click the origin icon on your desktop and run it as an admin, then open Battlelog and try to join? Does it still immediately close?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Message 4 of 7 (548 Views)

★★ Novice

Yep. I've tried making EVERY .exe in bf3 folder and origin to run as admin, still nothing. It doesn't launch battlelog and when I try to do it trough a browser it still doesn't work. No matter if i launch from Origin or chrome,ie, edge, opera, firefox, whenever I try to play the game one way or another it only launches battlelog webhelper.

Message 5 of 7 (530 Views)

@YellowbearNE wrote:

Yep. I've tried making EVERY .exe in bf3 folder and origin to run as admin, still nothing. It doesn't launch battlelog and when I try to do it trough a browser it still doesn't work. No matter if i launch from Origin or chrome,ie, edge, opera, firefox, whenever I try to play the game one way or another it only launches battlelog webhelper.

This is problematic since you've tried the normal solutions @YellowbearNE and those usually fix the problem. Have you cleanbooted your PC and tried to launch BF3?  If not follow the instructions here and then try to play BF3 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Message 6 of 7 (513 Views)

★★ Novice

Just did what you suggested and performed a cleanboot, doesn't work. Same problem, tried launching bf3 trough origin it just starts the bfwebhelper, same as chrome. :/

Message 7 of 7 (475 Views)