Re: Bf3 for ps3 online constantly freezes, drops connection, no guns, cannot complete rounds.

by null

Original Post

Bf3 for ps3 online constantly freezes, drops connection, no guns, cannot complete rounds.

★★★ Newbie

I've been having this problem for a few weeks now, and it seems to be getting worse.  Whenever I'm online playing a round at some point  while respawning my guns disappear, they are not available in the loadout screen, and in the game only the crosshairs show up. and I cannot shoot or anything. I  quit the round, and it usually freezes.  Sometimes the round will freeze up and it will say that it lost the connection with the EA servers. cleaned my playstation, reinstalled bf3, still same problems, and its seem to be more frequent , almost every round.  Does not happen with any other games.  Was considering buying premium package, but not til this gets fixed.

Message 1 of 16 (8,779 Views)

Re: Bf3 for ps3 online constantly freezes, drops connection, no guns, cannot complete rounds.

★★★★ Guide

Hello ronnea1973, this is a known issue on the PS3 version of Battlefield 3 and DICE is investigating the issue.

Message 2 of 16 (8,711 Views)

★ Novice

Are we supposed to get some kind of refund of this? Because this is redicilous and have been going on for too long, the benefits for premium are for no use either. 

Message 3 of 16 (8,707 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I highly doubt that this issue would justify a refund.

Message 4 of 16 (8,704 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Are you using the Limited Edition disc (w/ B2K) or the Standard Edition?  

Here is a 64 page sticky on battlelog with over 1600 posts, for the freezing. no gun issue - http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654489750809030/

I have researched this issue extensively and while EA/DIce are aware of it, there has not been a resolution as of yet. Many have stated that their discs are faulty, regarding an original batch of the Limited Edition discs and that replacing the disc has resolved the issue.  It happens on all platforms and has been present since release.  

Make sure all necessary ports are open -

This is a common problem on all platforms.  Make sure all necessary ports are open on your router.

https://help.ea.com/article/online-ports-for-battlefield-3

If you are playing on PC, please enable the following online ports on your connection:
TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 20000-20100, 22990, 17502, 42127
UDP: 3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300

If you are playing on PS3, please enable the following online ports on your connection:
TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 10000-10100, 17502, 42127
UDP: 3659, 14000-14016

If you are playing on Xbox 360, please enable the following online ports on your connection:
TCP: 53, 88, 3074
UDP: 53, 88, 3074

For specific instructions on how to open your ports, please visit http://www.portforward.com/ or contact your router manufacturer.

For proper installation - 

eabastian wrote:

Hi meimanov!

Try to reinstall the game, but start it without the expansion packs:

1. Delete the BF3 game data (not the savegame data)
2. After that, you can run a PS3 file system scan
3. Clean the BF3 disc
4. Install BF3 without expansion packs
6. Re-activate online pass
7. Start the game and play several matches. 
8. If that worked, install B2K etc.

We're investigating some crashing/freezing issues on PS3 as well as spawning with no weapons (no hands). If that workaround doesn't help you to fix your issue, please contact the EA support team: "contact ea-support"

Cheers
Basti

Message 5 of 16 (8,701 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@ronnea1973, 

I have read about this issue. I am pretty sure that there was a patch to address the issue in the past for PS3. Some PS3's were fixed with that patch and some were not. DICE is still checking into the issue as it's still a known problem. I have however,  heard that doing the following has helped a majority of the people who are still having this problem:

-Disabling your Media Server.

-Clearing your PS3's Browser Cache.

This is how you do the above:

// Disabling Media Server //

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network/How-to-turn-off-media-server/td-p/2739153...

You would have to go into your PS3 Settings, click on Network Settings, and you'll find the Media Server options. 

// Clearing your Browser Cache //

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network/how-do-you-clear-the-ps3-cache/td-p/27510...
Browser -> Triangle -> Tools -> Clear Cache.

If the above does not help, you may need to contact PS3 for further help because I have heard this may be do to overheating issues with the PS3 or the Laser Reader on the PS3 may be going out. Hope this helps.

-Regard me.

Message 6 of 16 (8,691 Views)

I have a solution for the spawning with no weapon bug.  When you spawn without weapon hit your change weapon button, on console it's the "Y" or Triangle button, on PC use whichever key you binded to change to your pistol.  After a short hesitation you will have your pistol, simply hit the button again and your primary weapon will come back.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 7 of 16 (8,677 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
It seems that EA is not taking credit for this problem but just blames the game console. I have a brand new PS3 and it does the same thing. Crappy performance and crappy response from EA.
Message 8 of 16 (7,970 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I as well am having the exact same issues. 

I have a brand new PS3 and the game will not even play for a full round without issues. (Single or Multi player)

I have reloaded game 3 times and sometimes it's a different problem.

No weapons, no squad audio, freezes in play or in loading.

Every other game I have runs flawless.

I have played every Battlefield game in the last ten years since the launch of  1942

This is the last of EAI games for me I'm afraid. Tied of their s**t!!!

Message 9 of 16 (7,838 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I smell another lawsuit against ea for this lol

Message 10 of 16 (7,140 Views)