Re: Battlfield 3 wrong email or password

by HausHSL44

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlfield 3 wrong email or password

★★★ Novice

Just last week this started happening.  When I double click my BF3 icon to open battlelog, Origin opens just fine but BF3 opens with a pink bar saying "wrong email or password".  I proceed to log in from the website and it takes me to EA account screen.  I enter email and password and click remember me and I can log in.  If I close out BF3 and reopen the same thing happens and I must re-enter my information and log back in.  Is this happening to anyone else?  Is there a fix?  I have already tried changing my password but that didn't work.

Message 1 of 11 (24,891 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

@HausHSL44

Try opening Origin first, then double-clicking the BF3 icon in your "My Games" tab.  See if that helps out.

Did my post help you? Click "Grant XP"
Did my post solve your issue? Click "Accept As Solution"

I do not work for EA. I am just a gamer helping fellow gamers.

See you on the Battlefield!!!

Multi-Platform Elite Race: PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4

I DO NOT ANSWER PMs. IF YOU NEED HELP, POST A NEW THREAD SO THE WHOLE COMMUNITY CAN GIVE INPUT, AND IF IT GETS SOLVED, EVERYONE CAN SEE THE SOLUTION.

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (29,458 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@HausHSL44

Try opening Origin first, then double-clicking the BF3 icon in your "My Games" tab.  See if that helps out.

Did my post help you? Click "Grant XP"
Did my post solve your issue? Click "Accept As Solution"

I do not work for EA. I am just a gamer helping fellow gamers.

See you on the Battlefield!!!

Multi-Platform Elite Race: PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4

I DO NOT ANSWER PMs. IF YOU NEED HELP, POST A NEW THREAD SO THE WHOLE COMMUNITY CAN GIVE INPUT, AND IF IT GETS SOLVED, EVERYONE CAN SEE THE SOLUTION.

Message 2 of 11 (29,459 Views)

★★★ Novice

Tried that but it had the same result.  I see a few people are experiencing this.

Message 3 of 11 (24,783 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@HausHSL44 You can log into Origin, then go here http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4 and log into Battlelog using the same email/password as Origin. You can then try to start the game from there.

If that works then it sounds like Origin may be sending the wrong login credentials to Battlelog. You can try doing a manual uninstall of Origin (instructions here: http://help.ea.com/en/article/manually-uninstalling-origin/), then downloading Origin (https://www.origin.com/en-us/download) and reinstalling it.

Message 4 of 11 (24,777 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you for your help.  I am going to try it now.  Will let you know if it works.

Message 5 of 11 (24,753 Views)

★★★ Novice

It worked!  I logged into origin and then clicked the link you gave me, clicked log in and it automatically logged me into BF4 Battlelog.  When I exited both battlelog and origin I then rebooted by double clicking BF3 icon and I was logged in.  Thanks much for your help!

Message 6 of 11 (24,748 Views)

★ Novice

nice it was really helpful thnx alot

Message 7 of 11 (22,092 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I wonder if EA/Dice are ever going to fix this issue. I've suffered for this issue for few years. Didn't play for a while because of it. So how about fixing the SSO so that players do not have to login twice. First for Origin client and then second time in battlelog browser to play a game... I guess the "new" EA account vs original Original account causes this?!? At least I don't remember registering a EA account years ago when started to play BF3. Or if change of email linked to account caused something, ofc it should not cause this kind of thing to happen.

Message 8 of 11 (17,594 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

first close origins .

Open origins

Click BF3 game 

It will normally send you to this link : http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/

Connect with your email.

Click play on the website and the website will normally launch BF3

I hope I was clear and that it works for you guys.

Message 9 of 11 (13,967 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@HausHSL44 still same prob in 2020 Confusedad:
Message 10 of 11 (5,903 Views)