Battlelog banned? Can't access profile?

by SmokerT69

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlelog banned? Can't access profile?

★★ Novice

Basically this, http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654348578910085/

If you can't see it,

"Hello, My girlfriend had her account stolen. Hacked by some person in Russia, About 6 months ago. She was able to get in touch with people via Origin and get her account back. Unfortunately, she can't access anything on her profile. She can't change her avatar, her clan tags, anything. Which never really bothered her. But she is now trying to join a clan and she is still wearing tags from her old clan. So... she can't join. She would have posted here herself but is banned from the forums until 2015 or something do to the hacker posting on the forums. O_o She can still play the game, just can't do anything on battlelog...

Can anyone tell me where she could contact someone to get this fixed? I don't see any support button anywhere on the website. Or is their a number she can call? She lives in Sweden."

Her account is http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/Halkie/

Message 1 of 8 (347 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlelog banned? Can't access profile?

Then the battlelog ban is the reason that she cannot change her clan tag since Clan operations are conducted via Battlelog.   However I looked at her battlelog page and when a user is banned for long terms I've generally see a "banned" picture over the user's soldier which is not there.  I encourage you to have her speak with a Game Advisor to substantiate her battlelog ban or to tell her what is really happening with her account, you can contact a game advisor here: EA Customer support:  https://help.ea.com/contact-us

If your friend was also banned due to the hackging incident I still encourage you to use the ban dispute link that I posted above to appeal her ban since Mods are understanding if she can show that her account was hacked and that she had to go through steps with EA to re-claim it which it sounds like she did.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (321 Views)

All Replies

If you believe your EA account and/or persona has been incorrectly suspended/banned and you would like to dispute this action, please contact support at accountdisputes @ ea.com from your registered email address.  Be sure to give all of the pertinent details that you have presented here.

https://help.ea.com/article/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Message 2 of 8 (337 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I don't think the account banned though. She can still play the game, and see her stats etc. Just can't edit her profile. She just wants to be able to put a clan tag on. Which she can't. Last time she contacted EA over the phone. They said that they couldn't do anything with battlelog. Run by different people or something

Message 3 of 8 (333 Views)

There have been issues experienced lately by some battlelog members being unable to update their clan tag.  This has happened sporadically over the past year, however I haven't heard anything official about it this time.  One member on battlelog recommended to clear your browser cache to see if that assists with the problem. http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654348570173830/

Message 4 of 8 (328 Views)

★★ Novice

She can't change anything on her profile. It says she's banned until 2015. But she can still play the game and add/delete friends. Just can't change tags

Message 5 of 8 (325 Views)

Then the battlelog ban is the reason that she cannot change her clan tag since Clan operations are conducted via Battlelog.   However I looked at her battlelog page and when a user is banned for long terms I've generally see a "banned" picture over the user's soldier which is not there.  I encourage you to have her speak with a Game Advisor to substantiate her battlelog ban or to tell her what is really happening with her account, you can contact a game advisor here: EA Customer support:  https://help.ea.com/contact-us

If your friend was also banned due to the hackging incident I still encourage you to use the ban dispute link that I posted above to appeal her ban since Mods are understanding if she can show that her account was hacked and that she had to go through steps with EA to re-claim it which it sounds like she did.

Message 6 of 8 (322 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks mate. She's looking into it now

Message 7 of 8 (314 Views)

No problem, good luck and see you two on the battlefied!

Message 8 of 8 (293 Views)