Re: Battlefield 3 does not launch (2021)

by HellTheKamil

Original Post

Re: battlefield 3 not launching, stuck in battlelog

★★★ Novice

@ragnarok013 wrote:

Things have been spotty for me since the last Origin update. Normally Firefox works for launching BF3 but I've had to go back to using Edge to launch it successfully.

I tried Chrome, Edge and Internet Explorer, it doesn't join to servers in any of them. I even installed a new Windows 10 of the exact same version I had just to see if it was something like Windows Defender Antivirus blocking browsers from communicating to Origin to launch the game.

I have Battlefield 3 Limited Extended Edition. For some reason I even have 2 different games in the list of my games:

Origin_ARe6uCs2fC.png

The bottom one says Limited Edition, the top one says Extended Edition in Russian, but it's a different thing.

Message 61 of 66 (1,951 Views)

Battlefield 3 does not launch (2021)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Hey there everyone. I wanted to make sure this issue is something going on across the player base. Recently, my BF3 (standard edition) has stopped to launch. I am able to click on the game, which directs me to bettlelog. When I choose a server, battlelog pops up the blue bar at the bottom which stays stuck at "connecting to server" and it never does.
I watched the task manager and I confirmed that sometimes the game actually launches but closes after 2 seconds or less with no error messages. I have been in contact with different helpers, reinstalled the game and origin multiple times and did almost, if not all, of the fixes described here to no success. The end of the waiting process normally brings up this message from battlelog:

Screenshot.png

I indeed tried all the things which are suggested by the message as well but nothing worked. I should also mention that I have BF-V (5) and it does launch with no problems. Besides that, I have also performed a merging between my two accounts. This last change with my accounts do not affect anything as I spoke to Helpers on live chat and they checked that my account was free of any sort of impediment and the games should be launching naturally.

I will leave a list here (find at the bottom) that I keep myself, it's not completed but has the most common suggestions from helpers. All the fixes I went through were roughly from two or more years ago and all the issues seemed to be open and I didn't want to revive such old posts. Also keep in mind I am talking about Origin app and NOT STEAM.

I also spoke to Help EA on twitter and they acknowledge that it was a recent common issue with BF3 players and that they had a ticket opened for it and were looking into it. Please if you have gone through the same problem recently, preferentially no more than a year ago and you were successful in fixing this issue, share it here!

With regards to the game
- Repaired using the Origin launcher
- Reinstalled 4 times
- Ran on compatibility mode (Windows 8 and 7)
- Ran as admin
- Launch the campaign or co-op mode (does not launch)
- Anti-cheat PunkBuster repaired and reinstalled multiple times
- Killed the processes, reinstalled and tried to run (nothing happened)
- All my drivers are up to date

With regards to Origin launcher
- Reinstalled 3 times
- Changed saving on the cloud and other options to no success
- Checked the versions, everything is up to date
- Cleared the cache as according to the Helper/Ticket system requested me

With regards to the browser server joining system
- Tried multiple browsers, Microsoft edge, chrome and Mozilla
- Deleted the cookies
- Tried to launch other game modes (no changes)
- Tried to launch from IE without the plugin system but it is not supported anymore

Message 62 of 66 (1,815 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Lipous_Electus Giving an update on this.
After the most recent Origin update the game now is able to last longer on the task managar but it still does not launch. It stays on task manager for around 5-10s and shows up as Battlefield 3 (32 bit) when my system is 64 bit.. I believe this could somehow be part of the issue but there's no where I can find where to change the settings related to the 32x or 64x..
BF5 still plays just fine but nothing can substitute BF3 :/
Message 63 of 66 (1,770 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm amazed, the more these bozos are patching this game, the worst it gets... I tried every method here, none of them worked.

Pls EA, just get gud.

I just stopped trying after a while, so, if profanity are prohibited, I'll just ask devs to sit down on a vegetable of their choice, preferably not a soft one. I payed money for a game, and you did not provided a single way for me to play it. You just took my money.

Nice one guys, cheers.

Message 64 of 66 (1,716 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. i was doing everything up to the return of windows 7 and 8 now i have 11 and what? nic .... I have had a problem with the * game @EA @Straatford87  for a week now, fix it

Message 65 of 66 (1,108 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I solved this problem. I guess this problem related Punkbaster. Please go below link and follow the items:

https://www-evenbalance-com.translate.goog/pbsetup.php?_x_tr_sl=en&_x_tr_tl=tr&_x_tr_hl=tr&_x_tr_pto...

Message 66 of 66 (278 Views)